chapter 43

(Janie's pov)

"What do you mean he won't talk to me??" I asked confused. My heart pounding out of my chest. Was this what i feared it was??

"He says you two weren't really in love," calum mumbled through the phone.

"B-but..." I didn't have any real words.

"Didn't you want this? For him to realise this," he asked.

"At first but..." I don't know what i wanted truthfully. I just wanted Luke happy. And I guess, I was the only reason he wasn't.

"Buuuut?" Cal tried to rush my thoughts.

"I don't know, I miss him. And, I know I wanted him over me but now that he is-"

"He isn't over you, he is certainly gonna try though, " he interupted.

"-But I just wish that Luke wasn't actually under a spell," I continued. "I can't take my mind off of him and he now realizes that this isnt a love story we have. Just a misunderstanding."

"Maybe you were the one under his spell the whole time," calum suggested.

"Parton?"

"Maybe you are the one who the doll tricked, not Luke, maybe Luke really did like you. Did you ever think of that??" Calum sounded annoyed at this point.

"That doesn't make sense," I pouted. Although calum obviously could not see that.

"Neither does being able to control someone's emotion with a doll you know," calum said. He doesn't know everything. But wow, neither do I, why do I act like I do?

"I have to go," I sighed.

"Okay later alligator!" Calum hung up.

----------------------------------------------------------------

(Luke's pov)

"Who was that?" I walked into the backroom looking at Calum.

"Janie," he replied. I could tell he was waiting for my reaction.

"Oh... how's she?" I asked. This was killing me. How was I supposed to fake my feelings like this? In such a serious convo too.

"She misses you a lot," Cal sat on the couch as my heart fluttered and broke at the same time.

I knew he was trying to get a reaction from me, she probably didn't miss me. She probably had a boyfriend who was closer to her height, who was flirty and smooth, not clumsy and awkward. He probably was American too, he probably had his first kiss with her in a more romantic place than a closet. He probably is athletic, something I'm not much of. He probably is more attractive too. But there's one thing that I have that he probably will never understand. I am the one who has the unconditional, and limitless love for Janie.

"Maybe you should talk to her soon," Calum teased a bit. He knew I was pretending to not care.

"Okay, fine," i shrugged. Secretly getting a bit excited and nervous.

"I will ask if she wants to skype when she wakes up," Calum nodded.

I hate time zones.

"Should her boyfriend be in the call too?" Michael butt in.

"Can you just shut up?!" I rolled my eyes.

"See Cal? I did get a reaction," michael chuckled grabbing a controller.

"Thanks Mikey," Calum smiled at him thankfully. They already knew I wasn't over her, why mess with me about it?? What did I do to deserve this. "One question though Luke..."