Chapter 5

(Janie's POV)

"What the hell this?" Luke asked picking up the small doll. The one identical to himself.

"It's a doll Hemmings, haven't seen a doll before?" I said sarcastically, trying to cover the nervousness that I hid inside.

"There's no way this is JUST a doll, what Is it?" Luke argued.

"A doll, Luke, I don't know what to tell you, you act as if you never saw a doll before!" I fake laughed at him.

"Never one like this, this one is identical to me," he explained sounding a bit freaked out throwing it to the ground. Seconds later him falling himself. "OWWW! Wait a second..." He picked up the doll as he got up and stuck a push pin into it's arm," painfully pulling the pin out Luke stared at me disappointed. "You have a voodoo doll of me?! Am I that awful you want to hurt me?"

"No! No Luke! I don't want to hurt you, I just-"

"I don't want to hear it! To think I actually liked you," Luke scoffed walking out carrying the doll.

"No Luke!! Come back!!!" I yelled chasing after him. Tripping over my own feet, "I love you," I whispered.

-----------

(Luke's POV)

I woke up in Janie's room. I may of accidentally fell asleep at her house and accidentally stayed the night. Hey what are you going to do? I looked around to see Janie laying on the floor. She looked upset in her sleep.

"No! No Luke! I didn't want to hurt you! I just-" Janie cried in her sleep. Was she dreaming about me? That's so sweet. "No Luke, come back!!" She screamed then whispered, "I love you." A few tears she'd from her eyes when I finally realised, she was having a nightmare about me! I quickly jumped out of the bed and sat next to her on the floor. Picking her up and holding her in my arms.

"Janie! Janie! Wake up!" I shook her awake. Janie opened her eyes sniffling then sitting up. She looked over at me, her eyes widening, and hugging me immediately.

"I'm sorry! I'm so sorry Luke!" She apologised over and over.

"You didn't do anything wrong Janie, you had a bad dream. Don't worry," I hugged her closer. "Maybe if you talk about it you'll feel better?"

-------

(Janie's POV)

I woke up in Luke's supportive arms. His eyes looked at me with worry and pity. I hugged him fighting back my tears. Did he know what happened right then? Did he know about the dolls?! "I'm sorry! I'm so sorry Luke!" I apologised.

"You didn't do anything wrong Janie, you had a bad dream. Don't worry," Luke told me, rubbing my back supportively. That's what he thought. A far as he knew everything was normal and I was just a sweet little girl who had a nightmare. But that wasn't exactly a nightmare, that was guilt. The guilt of using the doll to make him cuddle with me last night. Sure it was something small as that, but I still controlled him. Which just is wrong. "Maybe if you talk about you'll feel better?"

"No thanks Luke, it'll just make it worse," I explained.

"C'mon, tell me."

"It was just a nightmare Luke, it doesn't faze me at all," I lied. It fazed me a lot.

"Janie-"

"Luke!" I cut him off while pushing myself out of his arms and getting up, "I'm fine!"

"Just checking," he sighed. There was a few awkward minutes where we pretended to check his phone, although I clearly saw his phone was off. "So you love me...?" He brought up causally.

"No, of course not Luke! I mean yes as a brother or something like that, but I don't love love you, like as if I wanted to date you. No way," I covered up, I think poorly.

"Cause I heard you say I love you in your sleep," Luke bit his lip, which was a bit of a habit I noticed he does at times.

"Oh, well I was asleep, it was a dream so," I shrugged.

I wasn't admitting to that. Although now would be the perfect moment to spill my feelings. If he got weirded out just use the doll to get him to like me. WAIT NO! Why would I even think about that!!?! There's the proof that I shouldn't lead him on the wrong way. I'd screw with his feelings and hurt him.

"Oh," he continued biting his lip. "Well, I should go, I got an album to record," Luke said before getting up hugging me quickly then walking out of the house. I probably just hurt him there. What was I supposed to do anyways?! Lie or mess with his feelings? Both would end bad. So I just lied about my own feelings. No real harm done.

-------

(Luke's POV)

I felt like a complete idiot. I heard her say she loved me in her sleep. Don't people usually admit secrets while sleep talking instead of lie?

I really thought she might of liked me. I did really like her, I felt like we felt the same connection. I guess she just didn't feel it. We only met a few weeks ago. It may of seemed a bit forward to ask if he loved me.

"Where were you last night?" Calum asked me as I walked into the studio.

"I fell asleep at Janie's," I told then honestly.

"Oooooh! Did you tell her you love her yet?" Ashton teased.

"He's not allowed to tell her anything until I meet her," Michael said as if he was in charge of who I like.

"Don't worry Michael, it doesn't seem like we will be anything more than friends that this point," I sighed.

"You'll get used to the friend zone," Calum reassured me.

"Well that doesn't make me feel any better."

(A/n)

So Janie is having a guilty conscience with the Voodoo dolls now. And she is too afraid of using the doll on Luke, causing her to lie about her feelings for him.

Thank you so much for reading! Vote! Comment! Love you all! Xoxo!