Chapter 8

(Janie's POV)

"What the hell?!" He nearly laughed and walked over to the dolls, picking them up one by one.

"Ashton I could explain!" I panicked as he picked up the one that looked just like himself.

"Where did you get these creepy arse things?" Ashton looked at me confused.

"I just found them," I shrugged. Honestly, I did just find them, I didn't know where they actually came from.

"What are they?" What was this twenty questions? He put the Ashton doll down and picked up Michael's. "They look exactly like us!"

"They're dolls," was all I said. YEAH VOODOO DOLLS THAT CONTROL PEOPLE!!

"I didn't know they made these!" Ashton wasn't creeped out anymore. He was full out proud at the sight of a doll that looks just like him and his band.

"They don't," I sighed. I couldn't lie to Ashton. "They are dolls that are of you guys yes, but the only thing about them are, and you can't tell anyone about this, they control people," I bit my lip hard waiting for a reaction. Ashton looked at me like I was mentally insane.

"How stupid do you think I am?" He asked more offended and laughing than mad.

"No I don't think you're stupid Ashton, look," I grabbed the Ashton doll and twisted his arm.

"OWW!" Ashton yelled holding his arm. I quickly stopped twisting it.

"Believe me now?" I looked at him nervous.

"Oh my god," his eyes were wide and shocked. "Why do you have them?! One of each of us. What are you planning?!"

"Nothing, I found them in the attic and each time I meet someone new, their doll appears, it is fucking creepy, but that's how it is," I explained.

"What have you done to Luke?" He crossed his arms.

"I made him love me..." I put my head down ashamed. "He probably doesn't actually like me. I just forced him to feel the same, cause if I hold his doll and think about how I feel about him, Luke will feel the same for me."

"That's just messed up," Ashton shook his head.

"I know I'm selfish. But I honestly didn't know it would do that until it was too late, that's why I've been ignoring Luke, I don't want to control his feelings anymore. At moments I just get jealous and without thought use the doll. I shouldn't have them." I did feel really bad about controlling Luke's feelings.

"Then we just make him hate you," Ashton shrugged. "Hold the doll and think about all the things you can't stand about Luke." I nodded grabbing the Luke doll. I stood there thinking for about ten minutes.

"There's nothing I hate," I put the doll down.

"C'mon really? There has to be something that comes across as annoying about him."

"There's nothing. His flaws only make him better," I sat on the bed and Ashton sat next to me.

"What about his bipolarness?" Ashton raised an eyebrow smiling like if it were his natural facial expression.

"Doesn't bother me," I shrugged.

"Well we have to get him to stop liking you so he will only like you cause of his own feelings on yours," Ashton said as if I didn't already know.

"Should I just think about how I love him as a friend and then-"

"But does he like you as a friend?" Ashton cut me off.

"I assume so, he acted like it before I used the doll on him," I shrugged.

"I gotta go tell Luke not to like you because-"

"YOU CANT TELL HIM!" I panicked cutting Ashton off.

"I have to, he deserves to know that someone is controlling him," Ashton stood up as I grabbed his arm really tight.

"Please Ashton!! Don't tell anyone! Especially Luke! I'll do anything!!" I begged.

"Janie what you're doing is all kinds of wrong!" Ashton explained pulling his arm away.

"I know and I'll stop! I promise I'll stop the best I can! Just please don't say anything!" I nearly started tearing up at the thought of Luke hating me.

Ashton didn't seem too mad, he seemed a bit serious about it all. But no exactly angry and he wasn't yelling. He almost seemed calm.

"Alright Janie, you promise not to use them, and I'll promise not to tell Luke," Ashton said agreeing.

"Thank you!" I hugged him with tears streaming down my cheeks, out of fear more than anything. I just met Ashton today and I already had to trust him with this big secret that I'm controlling his best friend. Any sane person would've told the world and gotten me in some deep shit. Apparently, Ashton wasn't that sane.

"Shhh, calm down Janie," he patted my back.

It was a bit strange to think about, I just met Ashton today and he knows a secret I couldn't even tell Kristen about. And he was letting cry into his shoulder as if I knew him my whole life. I didn't know if I could actually trust Ashton to keep his big drummer boy mouth shut. But yet again, Ashton seems very easy going and trust worthy.

Yet again that's how people saw me and I was here controlling a world famous rock star so he'd love me. If people heard I did that, it would all sound so blunt and I couldn't even believe id do that so why would anyone else. Why would Luke? MAYBE CAUSE ASHTON IS HIS BANDMATE AND WOULD BE TRUSTED WAY MORE THAN A GIRL HE JUST MET A FEW MONTHS AGO!

"You okay Janie?" I heard Luke's concerned voice ask. I'd assumed he walked into the room, but I was too ashamed to look up at him. Especially with Ashton around.

"She's fine, she just tripped and smashed her head on the dresser. She started tearing up out of pain, " Ashton laughed at his own excuse. He was a really beautiful laugh I have to admit, it wasn't really describable, but the laugh made me smile. I heard Luke let out a bit of a chuckle as well.

"That happened to me a lot," Luke smiled at me. Which slowly turned into a serious face towards Ashton. "Frank is picking us up soon, he said we have to be at the studio early in the morning so no goofing around late." Ashton just nodded pulling away from my hug.

"Bye Janie," Luke slightly smiled looking at me and wrapped me in a new hug. Ashton just looked at Luke seeming pained. "I'll text you after we're done at the studio tomorrow okay?"

"Sounds good," I cheered as he pulled his arms back to his sides and me backing up onto my bed.

I sighed relieved as they exited my room. Relieved that Luke didn't pay attention to the dolls laying on my bed. I picked up the dolls and put them back in their original box, placing them high up in my closet. I wasn't using them ever again.

(A/n)

Did you expect that Ashton would know? Probably not. And if you didn't you get 10 brownie points!

Anywho...

Do you think our little drummer boy is Going to keep Janie, who he just met's secret? Will Janie really never use the dolls again?

That's a promise my friends! ❤️

I'm sorry I took so long to update, I get side track easily. Feel free to tell me to update, I don't mind being told what to do SIKE! I mind, but I love you all so I wouldn't care.

Bye!