chapter 44

(Luke's pov)

I stared at her, speechless as to anything. I honestly didn't think I would make it this far, figured she wouldn't answer. But there she was, on the screen staring back at me. Except, she didn't seem... like her. That girl couldn't be Janie, my Janie.

Her face seemed paler than usual, her hair a moppy mess.

Okay it always was a moppy mess and I loved how little she cared about her appearance around me, but her hair was messy and six different shades of purple and brown. Her brown roots were obvious but then she had some purple fading out of her hair and some staying strong. So her hair was very messy, Michael would be appalled.

It wasn't that Janie didnt seem beautiful because she always did, inside and out, she just seemed... unlike Janie. She seemed so unhealthy and unhappy. It was kind of painful to stare at her like this. Especially since she watched me with the same expression I had.

"Hi.." I said after a few minutes.

"Hey..." She sighed looking down now.

"Please don't be sad," I bit my lip, not taking my eyes off of her for even a second.

"Sorry," she looked back up at me with a fake smile. I'd rather her frown than fake a smile.

"Janie."

"Lucas," she repeated my nickname back at me making me smile.

"How's Mr.Flippers?" I smirked biting my lip. Ashton laughed at me from the corner of the room. "What my penguin baby matters to me!" I yelled to Ashton. That gained a small giggle and smile from Janie.

"Mr.Flippers is good," Janie smiled. "He misses his Daddy though."

"Aww I miss him too," I replied.

"His Mommy misses you too," She sighed, her smile slightly fading.

"I miss you too, Beautiful" her face went red.

"Please don't call me that, don't be all... flirty" Janie covered her face, "It's making you more loveable."

"I don't know how to flirt so we are good there, " I shrugged. Janie just stared at me smiling for a while. "What?" I broke the silence.

"I'm just glad to finally talk to you again," She explained. "I've wanted to talk to you for a solid three months."

"Has it really only been three months?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Almost four," Janie corrected.

"Feels like I've been away from you forever," I sighed honestly.

"Aww!" Ashton giggled from the corner of the room.

"Shut up," I mumbled at him, sure my face was a bit red.

"Yeah, so what's new with you?" Janie tried to make conversation.

"Absolutely nothing, we are going to be doing a lot of interviews this week cause the tour is ending, and cause Ashton..." I looked at Ash, then back at the beautiful girl on the screen.

"Ah," she nodded. "Back in Australia I am guessing?"

"Yeah, we are back," Ashton flopped on the bed next to me.

"Well I miss you both," Janie smiled, obviously looking at Ashton.

"So, how are you doing?" Ash asked Janie.

"Eh, Josh says I'm depressed but-"

"Josh??" I went into panic. I knew she found someone else.