Chapter 1

(Janie's POV)

"Here it is!" Kristen cheered walking into the house. I limped over into the door way, carrying all our bags. It was a bit small and the walls where we walked in were a light shade of purple, a nice shade, but it looked so empty.

"We really need some furniture," I sighed while dropping Kristen's carry-on on the floor.

"What color furniture? I'm thinking rainbow!" Kristen said.

"I'm thinking Gray or brown," I bit by lip, smiling. Kristen was a very colorful, rainbowy, cat loving person. I wasn't.

"Gray? Brown? That's a no no! We need color!" Kristen whined.

"Fine! We can compromise! We get red or blue. Not super bright though." I told her. "Now where you want your stuff?"

"Upstairs, first room on the left is the bedroom I picked out for myself," I nodded grabbing her bags and dragging them upstairs. Why a house with stairs?

I got to her room finally, it was a bright pink room with her bed, dresser, TV, all that already in there. I should've known she would put it in here early. I literally dropped her bags and walked downstairs.

"Where's my room?" I asked Kristen while jogging down the stairs. I picked up my bags from the door step.

"Last door on the right. In between our rooms are two bathrooms, a guest bedroom." She explained while calling someone.

"Okay!" I dragged my things upstairs to my room. Yes! I got the master bedroom.

The wall color was a nice faint blue, nothing too insane. Yes I loved crazy things, just not crazy room colors. There was already a king sized mattress and bed in the room along with a dresser and TV. So she didn't just do her room I guess.

I began right away fixing up my room. Adding posters to my walls and a mirror to my door. Not too many posters though. I had maybe at most 5 posters up. Of people like Katy Perry, Bruno Mars, and All Time Low, and two movie posters of The Fault in Our Stars. One poster was the movie poster with Hazel and Augustus on it. And another one that said their Okay? Okay. In clouds. It may or may not of been my favorite movie ever.

I slowly began unpacking. I clicked iheartRadio on my phone, to 102.7. First it was playing Roar by Katy Perry who I LOVED! I put my clothes in the dresser, and put my laptop on top of it. I started humming along with the music.

An unfamiliar song started up, a I looked at the phone for the name, She looks so perfect by 5 Seconds Of Summer was what was on. I wasn't gonna lie, it was a really good song. And I really liked it so far.

After about an hour of unpacking. I found my memory chest in one box. Basically that was a white wooden chest I had that I promised not to look through until I was older. Like much older, married, having kids and all. I thought to put it in the attic.

I opened the attic door with dusk raining down on me. Coughing a little I pushed the chest up the ladder in front of me. Crawling my way into the attic, it was completely empty. All except for one box. The box said "do not open" on the side of it. To be honest I did get a little spooked by it.

I took the box in my hands, ready to open it, when...

"Janie! C'mon let's go furniture shopping!" Kristen called from downstairs. Causing me to hit my head by surprise. I carefully put the box down and jumped out from the attic. Closing it and leaving that strange box in there.

(A/n)

First chapter! What do you think is in that box that she's yet to open? I hope you like it so far. Comment! Vote! Xoxo love you!