chapter 35

(Janie's pov)

"Where have you been??" I groaned after Calum finally walked into the video game room.

"Still on the bus, at this rest stop," Calum told me.

"No duh you asshole! I meant what were you doing?" I rolled my eyes.

"If you meant that why didn't you say it?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Fine don't tell me, I don't care what you do or where you are, cause I have a ton of friends you know??" I sighed.

"Well you did blow off Ashton today," Cal shrugged.

"Yeah cause I keep stealing his time from Blair, I don't wanna suddenly be a stop weight on their relationship."

"Suddenly?" Calum sat down next to me.

"Fuck you Asian!" I spat.

"This is why you're single," Calum teased. He changed his attitude when he noticed I wasn't amused. "Luke misses you too." He read my mind.

"How would you know?"

"Uhm... He's in my band remember? He's sorta my best friend," Calum looked at me as if I was insane.

"Oh."

"He doesn't know what he did wrong and I don't know what to tell him. I think you know what I'm gonna say Janie," He looked at me seriously.

"I don't want to," I sighed staring at my shoes.

"You have to talk to him Janie."

"No I don't. Okay? I just have to get over him. Next week I'll get plane tickets and fly back to America and forget him okay? That's all we need, to be out of each other's lives. Besides I'm nearly over Luke anyway."

"You're making this a lot more dramatic than it really is," he rolled his eyes. "But if you want to leave his life, go ahead I can't change where your heart is at."

That's how Calum's different from Ashton. Ashton wouldn't rest until he convinced me to stay and get back with Luke. Ashton believes in true love, way more than Calum does. And I guess I did too, until Luke and I's break up. I always found Ashton's opinion of love, and view of everything adorable. I'll always loved a lot of things about Ashton. Is that possibly, the love I was supposed to believe in?

"Do you know where Ashton is?" I asked randomly.

"You're the one who blew him off, I don't know."

"Okay uhm... I'll be right back..." I took out my phone and dialed Ashton's number.

--------------

(Ashton's pov)

"How about this?" The lady behind the counter smiled handing a ring to me. It was cute, but not what I was looking for. The diamond was way too big and seemed too... Stuck up for me to buy.

"No thanks Diane," I smiled, handing the delicate ring back to the girl who's name tag I read a few times before I could remember her name by heart.

She sighed stressed, "What exactly are you looking for?"

"A ring that's beautiful but simple," I shrugged smiling.

"Yeah you said that eleven times rock star," she searched through the counters for the perfect ring. When my phone went off.

"Hey!" I yelled excited into the phone.

"Where are you?" Janie's voice fled through the phone. I had to think for a second, should I tell Janie?