Chapter 10

(Ashton's POV)

"That's cause they aren't dating," I explained to Michael, getting a pleased smile from Luke.

"Yes! Thank you Ashton!" Luke praised. I patted Luke on the back.

"I got your back," I chuckled with my big smile. I did have Luke's back, right? I mean I WAS trying to protect him from a girl who was messing with his emotions. So I'd like to at least think I got his back. He stared at me smiling. Did he know?? Of course he wouldn't be smiling if he did!! Was he trying to pressure it out of me??

"LUKE I HAVE TO TELL YOU SOMETHING!" I panicked, "it's about Janie..." Why'd I say that?! Idiot!

"What about her?" Luke looked both hopeful and nervous.

"You can't like her..." I sighed. Michael and Calum watched intently, they knew something with up that I was hiding from Luke.

"Why not?" Luke looked confused biting his lip.

"Cause she's not right for you okay?" I tried saying subtly.

"How would you know?" Luke said almost too inaudible to hear.

"Cause she told me she doesn't like you," I sighed, having nothing else to say.

"Why would she tell you?"

"Cause-"

"This seems really serious," Calum butted in, "So Michael and I are going out somewhere," he grabbed Michael arm and dragged him off the bus, avoiding the awkwardness.

"Cause she told me who she does like...?" I answered as a question.

"Ash," Luke sighed, "what's wrong? I can tell something is up. Why are you against me liking Janie?" C'mon Ash, just... Lie to him. Lie.

"Cause she's my girlfriend!!" I coughed out. That wasn't a very good lie. "We've been secretly dating."

"Really?" Luke's expression dropped sadly.

"Yeah, it's been 9 months!" I was obviously lying, how could Luke not notice?

"Wow, uhmm... I'm really happy for you?" Luke questioned more than answered.

"Thanks!" I fake smiled. "Now I should probably tell her I told you or she may get mad okay?" Luke sighed and nodded.

-------------

(Janie's POV)

"Ashton Irwin!" I groaned annoyed.

"I'm sorry okay? I didn't want to tell Luke the truth and I just blurted that out," Ashton whispered back into the phone. He was probably worried someone would over her him.

"But now we have to pretend to date every time we see Luke or any of the guys actually. AND I have to lie to Kristen too cause she will tell Michael if she knows it's fake," I replied.

"It's better than having Luke hate you for using the voodoo dolls."

"Yeah, I guess, then he can at least get over me easier and not see me as a lying bitch," I giggled a little more out of frustration than happiness.

"Yeah. Just whenever we are around each other act coupley with me that's all," I could hear Ashton's smile. Just assuming cause he's always so smiley of what I saw of him.

"Wow millions of girls would kill to be in the position that they're forced to date Ashton Irwin," I mumbled causing Ashton to break out laughing.

"So anyway next time you see him just act like we're da- I love you more babe" I could tell someone walked over to him by the change in his voice.

"Okay I'll hang up so you don't have to continue acting like we're talking all coupley, bye Ashy," I caught on.

"Bye Babe," and Ashton hung up.

I could hear the pain in his voice saying that word, babe. I don't know why, it just seemed to pain him to say babe. It was probably just cause we weren't really dating. So calling me babe was awkward to him. I could see why.

-----------------

(Ashton's POV)

"Bye Babe," I acted having Luke watch my every move. I didn't see it was him I could just tell by the fact that he's the only other guy on the bus right now and how insanely quiet he is.

"I'm sorry," He sighed.

"Why???" I nearly yelled at him turning around to look at him. I should be the sorry one!!

"For being in love with your girlfriend," Luke put his head down.

"She's not- we're not that serious Luke don't worry," I pat his back. I felt do awful. I haven't felt this bad for doing what's best for someone in like... forever.

"You said you love each other though," Luke explained, "you do love her right?"

"Yes, a lot," I bit my tongue wanting to tell him the truth so bad. The full truth. About the dolls especially.

"Oh," he licked his bottom lip awkwardly, "I'm happy for you two..." Sooner or later he bit down on his lip, hard. Right next to his black lip ring.

"Thanks," I smiled. Even though I wasn't really dating Janie, it's nice to know how Luke doesn't turn into that guy who would fight me for her.

It did hurt to call Janie babe though. A lot. My one now Ex girlfriend, Blair, was the only one I ever called babe, and she left me once 5 Seconds Of Summer started touring with One Direction cause she thought I would stop loving her. It broke my heart, she was my first real girlfriend that actually loved me and wasn't just pretending cause I'm talented musically. Blair was my one babe, and I haven't called anyone that since. I guess I just ruined that now, calling Janie my babe and lying about dating her.

----------------

(A/n)

Suckish chapter! Yay!

What do you think will happen?? Hmm??

Please comment and vote!

So, I only got one one shot from the beautiful @Thatsoblue it was absolutely lovely and I wish I used it. Except it didn't fit within the story line I had planned. 😭Thank you for the amazing one shot though! Message me and tell me if you want me to add you in a chapter or me to dedicate a chapter to you or anything!

AND Can everyone please go read it? It's amazing! And also read "Learning to be a reject" I'm legit obsessed with it!! It would mean the world if you read the book I'm in love with!

Okay love you all bye!