Chapter 37

(Janie's pov)

I woke up, again.
Hugging something.
I looked down to see what it was... Luke's penguin. The one I bought him to be specific. This could mean one of two things, either he is all better and still loves me. Or he was so mad he
couldn't stand even keeping the penguin I got him. My money is on the first one. Luke doesn't hold many grudges unless it effects his band, or his family. And since I hurt neither, I'm guessing he's okay now.

Although I really wanted him to forget me and move on, I'd rather him still have feelings for me than never want to see me again. As selfish as that might sound. Especially since I deserved him to hate me.

"Hey." I looked over to see Calum standing next to the bunk. "Ashton told me to tell you if you don't want him proposing, he won't." Calum's tone said I don't give a fuck what you pick, but his eyes told me not to screw up. I knew that, I've seen that look many times before. Many.

"No!" I shook my head. "He can't just base his life decisions and his happiness off of my life."

"Exactly!" Calum agreed. "You should tell him that."

"What's with you and wanting me to talk to people so much??" I rolled my eyes.

"Cause communication is the key to understanding and showing care," Calum explained.

"Who the hell are you?" I stared at the Australian boy extremely confused. Calum usually didn't say anything philosophical like that.

"That's the one thing I remember from year 2 in school," Calum shrugged chuckling, "I had a crush on my teacher so I only remember so little other than her beauty."

"You're creepy," I gave Calum a look. "But you're right, I probably should explain the whole situation to Ashton."

"Good, on another note... I see you're cuddling a penguin, stolen from Luke huh? Still love Luke huh?" He wiggled his eyebrows.

"No! Okay yes but no. I woke up and Luke had his penguin placed next to me, I didn't steal it!" I rolled my eyes.

"You didn't deny that you still love him though," Calum pointed out.

"No I didn't," I confirmed. "You don't just get over people you've been madly in love with for nearly a year, in like a week you know."

"So you're still going to leave at the end of the week?" Calum sat on my bunk next to me.

"Yeah, since I'm not over Luke just yet, I think it's best to keep distance," I shrugged. Calum nodded and stared at the floor for a minute. "Everything okay?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah, just... Can I ask a favor?" Calum remained staring down.

"Anything," I nodded.

"Don't go?"

"Why not?" I rolled my eyes, not thinking Calum would be the one to stop me.

"Janie, Luke was really hurt when you broke up, it was rough. I don't want him anymore hurt, he's sensitive and doesn't date very often. Please don't leave him?"

"I can't!" I groaned. Calum looking up at me instantly.

"Why can't you? I thought you cared about Luke!"

Oh he did not just pull the care card!!

"I do, and since I care about him Calum, I'm leaving. Leaving so I'm not in the way of him making a real connection with a girl he really loves," I argued.

"You two connected Janie, you know it. This Voodoo doll crap, it can't just randomly make someone love you Janie! Luke loves you, he really does, you have to be stupid to not see that!" Calum was really pissed at this point, I could tell. But he kept his tone low to not hint any signs of a fight.