Chapter 20

(Luke's POV)

The most perfect morning, that's what I was prepared for. Prepared for a great day, wake up, eat some Nutella toast, band practice, visit some fans later, concert, meet and greet, hear more comments about my legs. Just like every night we have shows. But, instead I woke up to the worst day.

"Morning Lukey!" Ava smiled as I walked into the kitchen. She pecked me on the cheek and making a smoothy in the blender. "For you," she smile handing me a cup.

"Go ahead drink it," Janie smiled amused crossing her arms sitting on the other side of the counter.

I just shook my head at her. I pulled the cup up to my mouth. I took a sip of the disgusting, i don't even know what to call it, some sort of liquid that isn't liquid. "It's wonderful," I faked a smile at Ava.

"Babe, I know it's disgusting," Ava laughed, "it's supposed to sooth your throat and help your singing. At least that's what the internet said."

"Aw how sweet of you, thanks babe," I hugged her and gave her a peck on the cheek. Ava skipped out and Janie just gave me a dirty look. "What'd I do?" I asked.

"Nothing Lukey, nothing at all," Janie smirked biting into Nutella toast. Oh right I wanted some. I grabbed the tub of Nutella and sighed.

"You used the last of the Nutella, didn't you?" I asked her and she was trying not to laugh.

"I'm sorry, I'm going through a break up," Janie explained before leaving the kitchen. Me just looking around to see what I can eat. There was nothing else so I just took another sip of my nasty smoothy.

--------------------

"Okay let's try it one more time, 1, 2, 1, 2, 3," Ashton said sitting on his drum box while the rest of us played our instruments. Calum began to sing.

"I drove by all the places we used to hang out getting wasted. I thought about our last kiss, how it felt, the way you tasted. And even though your friends tell me you're doing fine, are you somewhere feeling lonely even though he's right beside you. When he says those words that hurt you do you read the ones I wrote you. Sometimes I started to wonder was it just a lie, if what we had was real how could you be fine, cause I'm not fine at all..."

I started singing, my throat not exactly feeling soothed like Ava said it word.

"... I remember the day you told me you were leaving, I remember the make up running down your face. and the dreams you left behind, you didn't need them. Like every single wish we ever made. I wish that I could wake up amnesia..." My voice completely cracked, "... And forget about the stupid little things. Like the way it felt to call asleep next to you, and the memories I never can escape..." Crack again, "...cause I'm not fine at a..." I just broke out coughing. In the middle of no where I get sick. Great!!

"Luke, how about you drink some water?" Ashton handed me his bottle of water. I shrugged and took a sip. All I did was cough. The water burned my throat. It probably would've been fine if I didn't drink that stupid smoothy.

"Are you sick?" Calum asked concerned.

"I felt fine until I had that smoothy from Ava this morning," I shrugged and continued coughing.

"Why don't you rest for a bit? Ashton will take your lines for now," Michael offered.

"No! No! I feel fine!" I nearly yelled as my voice got quieter, "I can sing," I nearly whispered. My voice was gone too. Great.

"Luke you really need some rest," Ashton told me. He stood up and dragged me to the video game room and made me lay on the couch. Why was Ashton so perfect to the world??