Chapter 16

(Janie's POV)

There's three kinds of people in this world. The people who are nice, and the people who aren't so nice. Then there's the people you wish you could hate, but there's no actual reason to. Ava was the third.

"So, how long have you known the boys?" Ava asked while taking another cheesy breadstick. We were in the middle of our girls night before the concert and we were supposed to see a movie but there were no good ones out. So we went out for pizza, leaving me to have to talk to Ava and Jay and pretend I'm not in love with Luke.

"I think it's about six months now," I bit my lip.

"I've known them since college, and Ashton I met once at a band practice I accidentally barged into," Ava explained.

"How about you Jay?" I asked already knowing the answer. I just didn't want to think about the fact that Ava has known Luke way longer than me.

"About a year and a half ago, at a meet and greet, I dropped my phone and Michael had to return it. So that was the start of our love story," Jay smiled in a bit of a daze thinking about that time.

"Luke and I met when he accidentally walked into the girls bathroom in school," Ava laughed realising that her story was way less romantic. "Where'd you meet Ashton?" She pondered.

"Uhm..." My bedroom when I was using a voodoo doll on Luke. "The mall, I couldn't afford all my clothes so he helped pay," I bit my lip showing that I was lying but no one seemed to notice.

"Aw that's sweet," She smiled.

"Yep," I nodded when the waiter finally brought our pizzas over.

"Jay can I talk to you please?" I sighed. I needed to tell someone, a girl. Someone I could have girl talk with that could help. I can't rely on Ashton for everything. She followed me over to the girls bathroom.

"What's up?" Jay looked at me with full attention.

"I am in love with Luke..." I bit my lip waiting for her response.

"What about Ashton you can't just-"

"I'm not really dating Ashton," I admitted. "You see Luke liked me for the wrong reason so I had to pretend to date Ashton to try and get him over me, I know it's awful."

"Janie, I don't know how to respond," Jay shrugged. "What's the reason?"

"I may sound a bit insane, but I controlled him," she shot me a strange look. "When I met Luke I found a doll of him, that controls his emotions and feelings, cause make him feel pain or a specific feeling and-"

"Like a voodoo doll?" Jay cut in.

"Yes a Voodoo doll, but I being stupid, used the doll not knowing what it really did. I made Luke love me by showing my compassion towards the doll, causing him to feel the same."

"That's insane," Jay looked at me as if I was crazy.

"I know, I struggle believing it myself," I sighed. "What do I do?"

"I don't know... I've never known anyone in your situation before," Jay shrugged. "Is Luke over you now? Cause you can just easily dump Ashton."

"I think so, I just, don't want him to be..."

"So tell him how you feel," She offered.

"But Ashton, he's gonna think that I used Ashton or am cheating or whatever."

"True, just break up then tell Luke a few months after," Jay suggested.

"What if it's too late by then?" I worried.

"Then it wasn't meant to be Janie, that's how love is," Jay explained.

"Thanks Jay," I wrapped her in a hug.

------------

(Ashton's POV)

I was sitting in the dressing room with the guys as Luke babbled to us about Ava. I felt like I could easily make him jealous and talk about my relationship with Janie. But in all seriousness, that would only make the situation worse.

I started to question if keeping them apart was really the right thing. How would I know if it was really the Voodoo doll?? It could've been actual true love! Janie was a really great girl.

Janie was beautiful but not knowledgable of this fact. She was really funny without effort. She made adorable mistakes and was a bit clumsy. I didn't know what, but something about Janie was different, she was not like any girl you'd meet. And that's something very lovably about her. I would he shocked if Luke only liked her cause of a doll.

The the girls pranced into the room. Jay skipped over to Michael and tackled him. Ava shyly walked over to Luke and hugged him quickly. But, my girl was missing. "Where's Janie?" I asked Jay. She just smirked at me.

"Hey Ash?" Janie called from the doorway looking nervous.

"What's wrong babe?" I walked over to her. She just shook her head.

"Luke's over me, so we can break up now," Janie explained in a whisper. She wrapped me in a right hug and then walked over to Mike and Jay.

"W-what?" I stuttered, "You can't..."

-------------

(A/n)

I have no words.

Who do you ship?

Why did Ashton not like her dumping him that much? They weren't really dating. Right?

Who you ship??

Do you think there will be any new relationships? Ya or naw??

Love you all!

Sorry if it seemed rush.

I'll update again soon.