Chapter 36

Song in multimedia: Vickeelo-Break up to Make up

The next day, Ebony woke up in Mike's bed. She had slept the morning away after being really fatigued. Mike was at an interview so she had the apartment to herself. Getting out of bed, she went to use the bathroom and then fixed herself some cereal. She rolled her eyes at the text messages from Megan and Ronnie congratulating her on her pregnancy.

Once she finished her small bowl of Cocoa Puffs, she laid down and scrolled through her phone. A few tears left her face as she came to the realization that she was actually pregnant. Most females would be ecstatic, but Ebony thought differently. Ebony knew Mike would take care of business, it was herself that she was worried about. It was selfish, but Ebony didn't feel like having someone depend on her. She knew her patience was short and a child was a lifetime commitment.

Hearing Mike unlock the door, she quickly wiped her face and sniffed. She then turned over and watched Mike remove his tie and shirt with a smile. Sitting up, she asked how the interview went.

"It went perfect, bruh. It couldn't have went better. I got hired on the spot and I start training in two weeks. I brought some food too, it's in the kitchen." Mike kissed her forehead.

"That's good. What you got to eat? I just had some cereal so I ain't all that hungry." She stood up and went into the kitchen.

"It's grilled fish, Alfredo, and broccoli. My great aunt passed so my cousin selling plates to raise some extra money. I bought two to support. How you feeling?"

"Normal. A little tired and kind of queasy, but I'm straight. I feel kinda the same before I was diagnosed." She ate some of her pasta.

"That's cool. I meant mentally though. I can tell that you upset."

"I mean, I'm okay. I'm still shocked, that's all." She shrugged with her head down.

"And I don't really think I'll be a good mama. I'm not mama material. I curse too much, I get mad easily, I don't even like kids. I don't wanna be a ghetto, ignorant mama, that's not how I was raised." Ebony cried.

"Whattttt, don't say that. You'll be a great mama. You ever seen how you are with ya' nieces and nephews? Nobody's perfect and it'll be a learning experience. You got me and we'll figure it out together. You gotta be cool though." He wiped her eyes.

"I'm just thinking about me getting up buku early to take it school. If it's a la' girl, she def staying with you cause she gone run my nerves high. I might can handle a la' boy. But then again my nephews do too much too." She shook her head.

"You might be surprised with a sweet baby. You prefer a boy?"

"I don't care what it is. How a damn crib gone fit in my room? Rudy ain't gone wanna hear no crying baby. I don't wanna hear no crying baby all hours of the night."

"What if we have twins?" Mike started eating his food.

"Then I know God was trying to be funny. How we gone do this anyway? The baby stay with me for a week, then it stay with you? We gone take turns?"

"You ain't gone let me keep that baby for a week straight by myself. I don't know, why you thinking about that right now? We got buku time." He grinned.

"Nigga. We better start figuring something out. I like to have my shit thought out and planned. Especially something serious like this." Ebony showed a small smile.

"Is you considering us moving in together? I don't mind us staying the night with each other, but it might be more convenient if we under the same roof. We don't have to live with each other though, that's just a suggestion."