Chapter 2

Song in multimedia: Brax- Lil Bitch

The time was eleven at night when Ebony and Rudy hit the road for Dallas. They had a seven hour drive and Ebony needed to be in time for her visit to see her best friend, Armani. After leaving Dallas they would be heading to Memphis for a day to visit Alexis. Ebony and Rudy had two long trips ahead and neither one of them were really ready.

"Cousin, I'm letting you know. I'm speeding down this mudda'fucking highway. Pray that we don't get pulled over." Ebony put on her high beams as she hit the highway.

"How we doing this? You driving halfway and I take over?" Rudy asked as she ate some white cheddar Cheez-It's.

"I'll go the whole way and you drive to Memphis once we leave Dallas. Dallas to Memphis like six hours. Then we can take turns coming home." Ebony said, sitting close to the steering wheel.

"Aight. Turn on some music."

Ebony went to Apple Music and found the most recent mixtape she was listening to. She cranked up the volume, blasting Future and Juice WRLD's mixtape. Rudy bobbed her head to the loud beat as Ebony rapped along to her favorite song. While vibing to the music, both of them kept their eyes out for police because Ebony was serious about speeding.

"I been sleep on Juice WRLD, his la' ass kinda tough." Rudy continued bobbing her head.

"Yeah, he cool. Mike got me hip to this mixtape, it's too fiya. Every song got a fiya ass beat and Future of course gone kill it."

"Niggas always find the good music first. When I'm in the car with my dude, I be listening hard as fuck so I can find the songs he be listening to." Rudy said.

"For real. And then when you ask what song it is, they act like it's the secret formula. Bitch, I wanna turn up too. My brothers be doing that shit." Ebony laughed.

A few hours went by and the drive was already starting to kick Ebony's butt. The time was three in the morning and she opened up a Redbull to give her more energy. She wasn't sleepy, but she'd rather be doing something other than driving. Rudy kept her company, also drinking a Redbull as they listened to more music.

"Stripes on my ass so he call this pussy Tigger. Fucking on a scamming ass, rich ass nigga." Ebony rapped along to the City Girls.

"Armani love these bitches. I can't wait to see my best friend." She poked her lip out.

"Didn't JT go to prison for the same thing as her?"

"Yes and Armani love them even more because of that. She say they make music for bitches like her."

"It's music out there for everybody. I should become a rapper so I can make music for real gutta bitches like me and you." Rudy laughed.

"Straight up. I can be your ghost writer if you need help." Ebony laughed too.

"The dream team."

"I'm bout to stop for some gas soon. I know it's probably racist in this area, but I got my gun." Ebony looked at the pit stops nearby.

Almost in Dallas, Ebony stopped to fill up her tank. She then finished the drive and made it at six thirty in the morning. Checking into their hotel, Ebony relaxed for a little before hitting streets again. Rudy would be staying at the hotel while Ebony visited Armani.

When she arrived at the women's prison, Ebony checked in and then took a seat in the waiting area. Once the guard made sure she was on the list, she was called back to the visitation room. Ebony was patted down and went through a metal detector before being led to a table. A few seconds later, Armani came out with a big smile on her face.