Chapter 27

"Mike, get up." Ebony shoved him.

"What time is it?" He rolled over.

"Eight o'four. I need you to go to the store for me, my period just started."

"Out of all days. Not with Lent in two weeks." Mike got out of bed.

"Look, I'm sending you a picture of what to get. If they don't have these tampons, then get the pads. If they don't have either, then go somewhere else. Don't bring back nothing other than what I'm sending you."

"Okay. Want anything else? Some medicine or something?" He headed towards the bathroom.

"No. We still going to breakfast?"

"Yeah. My head hurt so fucking bad, I'm a get me some Excedrin."

Mike brushed his teeth and washed his face while Ebony got in the shower. He then put on some clothes and left the hotel. With a banging headache, he went up to the nearest store. Going inside, he pulled out his phone and looked at the screenshot of tampons that Ebony sent him. He confusedly stared at all the items while standing next to a woman.

"Excuse me, do you know if they have these?" Mike showed her his phone.

"Are these it?" She picked up a box and handed it to him.

"Oh. Thank you, I overlooked them." He smiled and walked away.

Mike then walked to the area where they kept the medicine. As he looked for the Excedrin, he received a phone call from his father. Picking up the migraine pills, he answered the phone and accepted the call.

"Hello?" Mike spoke.

"Good morning."

"Morning. What's up?"

"Just checking to see how you was doing, man. You aight?"

"Yes, sir. You alright?" He replied while grabbing a blue Powerade.

"I'm decent. When was the last time you stopped by ya' grandpa?"

"A few weeks ago." Mike headed to self-checkout.

"If you get the chance today or whenever, I want you to stop by. It ain't gotta be for long, just to check up on 'em. Let 'em know I been thinking bout him. He never accept my calls."

"You know grandpa stubborn and cheap, of course he not gone answer for you. I don't know about going today, I'm with my girl and her birthday was yesterday. Then my surgery coming up, but I'll find some time."

"The same girl you told me about? What's up with y'all?" He asked, causing Mike to smile.

"Yeah, that's her. Everything cool." He continued to smile as he headed to his car.

"That's the only female you talking to?"

"Yup. I'm not like you or grandpa. I'm satisfied with talking to one female at a time." After taking two of the migraine pills he drank some of his juice.

"You must get that from ya' mama side. I need at least three different attitudes, different looks too."

"If that's the case then I'm dating like five different girls at once dealing with Ebony. She have both my hands full dealing with her big personality." Mike laughed.

"Oh yeah? You my son so I'm sure you can handle that. What y'all do for her birthday?"

"I gave her a surprise dinner with her family, then we got a hotel, and I took her out for a later dinner with the two of us."

"So y'all in a serious relationship then? I didn't know that. I wanna meet her now. What she look like again? I should call her daughter in-law, huh?" Jeff joked around.