Chapter 23

"Let's head out, my babies." Ebony smiled after finishing up her breakfast.

"Mike here?" Rudy asked, lugging her bags to the door.

"Yeah." She hit the kitchen light.

"Ahhhh, I'm so excited." Alexis rushed out the door.

Mike was dropping them off before work so that they wouldn't have to pay for airport parking. After Ebony used her key to open the gate, he pulled in and helped them put their luggage inside of his car. They all had two suitcases plus weekender bags with them. Mike teased them by pretended to struggle putting the heavy luggage in his trunk.

"I made you pancakes. I cut them up and added butter and syrup." Ebony handed him the paper plate wrapped in foil.

"Thank you, love." Mike grinned.

He then drove to the Louis Armstrong airport and Ebony fed him from the passenger seat. Once he got there, he let them out in the front of it. Mike told them to enjoy themselves while also giving Ebony a kiss goodbye.

"Have a good day at work." Ebony said after the kiss.

"Thank you. Make sure you have plenty of fun, no uptight shit this week. I need buku pictures and videos of you and that pretty smile, syrup lips." Mike licked the sweet taste off of his mouth.

"I gotchu'." She laughed and then waved goodbye.

Also getting dropped off, Ebony spotted Megan. She waved her down and then walked over to her brothers car. Hakeem joked by telling Ebony to keep an eye on Megan and to make sure she didn't get too messed up. After saying their goodbyes to him, the four of them went inside of the airport.

They checked in for their flight and then gave the worker their bags to be boarded. Each of them had one carry on bag that they took with them to security check. Already in the security line was Ronnie, Camille, and Mia. It was early in the morning on a Monday so the airport didn't have much traffic. They all got through pretty quickly without any problems.

"Miami, here we come." Mia said as they headed to their boarding gate.

"I think we all needed this trip and I pray to God it's a good one." Ebony said, taking a seat.

"It will be. I miss my son and Kayla already, but it'll be good to be kid free. I just hope Hakeem can handle everything alone. I'll have to call him to make sure he's feeding my dog." Megan said.

"Okay, I thought I was the only one who missed my son already. Demetrius is out of town so Malik has to stay with my parents."

"I love my daughters to death and lord forgive me, but fuck them kids. I don't mean it in a bad way, but we all deserve a break from work; whether that's mommy duty or a full-time job. The men can handle things. I'll FaceTime them here and there, but other than that I'm getting away for this week. I'm glad I don't have to deal with doing no hair, no fighting, yelling, and all in my face for no reason." Camille said and Ebony busted out laughing.

"Girl, not fuck them kids. I see what you saying though. They in good hands. Plus I haven't really done anything like this in years, since I had Aaliyah." Ronnie replied.

After sitting for an hour, they passed time by talking and taking pictures. Already they were having fun and enjoying each other's company. When it came time to board the plane, everyone stood in line for their tickets to get checked. Ebony had a window seat with Megan next to her and Alexis on the end. The rest of the women didn't sit too far away, they were either on the other side or in front of Ebony.

The flight to Miami, Florida was two hours long with no stops. Ebony was able to get a small nap in before being awaken by Megan. The pilot was announcing the landing and for everyone to stay seated. Ebony looked out her window at the sunny, warm city. When it was time to get off, they grabbed their bags and entered Miami's international airport. Once they found the rest of their luggage, they headed outside.