Chapter 19

Song in multimedia: SpotemGottem- Snap Shit

Sunday, January 5th.

"Cousin, take my picture." Rudy came into the living room.

"Where you going?" Ebony stood off the couch and locked her phone.

"To the DJ, uptown. I was supposed to go to a second line, but I missed it." Rudy stood in front of the door and posed a few times.

"Thanks

"Thanks. You should come." Rudy took a look at the photos.

"Who all going with you?"

"Nobody, I'm solo. Quack said he was gone be at the DJ so we was gone link."

"Hmmmm...Mike wanted me to come over his spot, but I wanna go to the DJ. I'm tired of sitting around sad, I did that all yesterday at my teedy house." Ebony thought about it.

"It's up to you, but I'm bout to leave soon." Rudy shrugged.

"Let me get dressed real quick!" Ebony ran to her room.

Grabbing a pair of camouflage jeans, Ebony also picked out a graphic tee and her orange camo hoodie to throw on. She put on mix-matched socks and her orange and white Jordan Ones while texting Mike. She let him know she wouldn't be able to come over to chill with him today without saying why. He said okay and then she went into the bathroom to quickly fix her edges.

"My eyes look okay?" Ebony asked Rudy.

"Yeah. They not too puffy."

"Cool. I'm ready."

"Wait! I forgot my gun." She went back into her room and put it in her purse.

Heading to Rudy's car, Ebony put on some lip gloss and got in the passengers seat. She was ready to have a little fun and not think about the death of her cousin. She knew if she would've went to see Mike, he would've tried to talk about it. Ebony liked that he was sweet and caring, but right now it was a little much for her. After spending an entire week with him, she wanted her space and she wasn't sure if he understood that.

Making it to the uptown area, Rudy found somewhere to park. Her and Ebony then stepped out of the car and walked around the scene. People stood around and some danced to the loud music booming through the neighborhood. A bounce artist was on the mic live while standing in the yard of a home. Females bent over to his voice while others were on standby recording. As Ebony observed her surroundings, Rudy hit up Quack to see where he was. When they met up with him and his crew, Ebony let her guard down some.

"Let me know when teedy having Tyriq funeral." Quack blew smoke out of his mouth.

"The wake is at five p.m on Friday and the funeral is Saturday, the eleventh at nine in the morning." Ebony told him.

"Bet. I might come to the viewing then."

"Aight. I think it's only for an hour and a half though."