Chapter 21

Song in multimedia: 3 6 Mafia & Project Pat- Project Hoes

Two weeks after burying her cousin, Ebony's life was slowly going back to normal—at least in her mind. Her and Mike hadn't heard from each other nor had they tried to get in contact. Both of them were doing their own thing like they did before knowing one another. Ebony thought about him sometimes and she honestly missed him.

"Ebony, somebody out here to see you." Aisha came into the office of the malls store.

"Male or female? You seen them before?"

"Nope, I never seen them. It's some female who I almost smacked for getting smart with me just now." Aisha rolled her eyes.

"What she get smart about?" Ebony stood.

"Because I asked for her name and she told me not to worry about it. Then I said, well I'm not getting Ebony. She told me it was important so that's the only reason I'm back here."

"Lawd. Let me see."

Ebony came out of the office and looked around the store at the customers. She saw no one familiar, but a female approached her and tapped her on the shoulder. The female stood a few inches taller with a pretty mocha complexion. Her figure was slim with her breasts sitting high and booty poking out. Ebony looked her up and down; finding her attractive.

"I'm Yvette." She put her hand out for Ebony to shake.

"Am I supposed to know you?" Ebony shook her hand.

"Maybe, maybe not. I'm Mike's ex girlfriend. I dated him a couple years ago and we used to live with each other." She sort of rolled her eyes as if that meant anything to Ebony.

"K. What that mean?" Ebony crossed her arms.

"Can we sit down and talk somewhere? In the food court."

"For what? You tryna set me up or something?"

"Ughhh, no. Look, I got some things to tell you. You gone wanna hear this so we need to sit down." Yvette said with a snappy tone.

"Oh yeah? What, he got a disease? I see his papers so that can't be it." Ebony followed her out of the store.

"Nothing like that, sweetie. I got a lot weighing on my heart and it's fucking me up. God don't like ugly, I can tell you." Yvette found an empty table.

"Girl, you pretty as fuck. Is we gone have to fight?" Ebony looked her up and down again.

"I'm too old to be fighting so if you swing on me I got something in my purse."

"Well shittttt, let me go get mine then! Cause we'll shoot this place down." Ebony slammed her hand on the table.

"I was meaning pepper spray." Yvette batted her long lashes.

"Oh, girl I eats that." She fanned her hand.

"Hmmm, this is harder than I thought. Okay, so like I said. I used to date Mike and we lived with each other for a minute and after that we stayed friends for some time." Yvette explained.

"I don't even go with him so I really don't care." Ebony shrugged.

"Let me finish! God damn!"

"Hurry up then! I don't give a fuck about y'all living with each other. You already said that."

"Soooooo. Please do not interrupt me when I tell you what's going on. Before you blow up on me, I need to finish what I'm saying."

"Heavenly Father, please give me peace of mind and hold my hands down if I become upset. In Jesus' name, amen." Ebony closed her eyes and then opened them.