Chapter 31

A few weeks later.

Fresh off of work, Mike was ready to hit his bed and sleep his morning away. Ebony interrupted that when she came knocking on his door at seven a.m. Shirtless and in his underwear, he opened the door for her with a blank face. Ebony barged her way in with loud talking, causing Mike to scratch his head with annoyance.

"What's wrong with you?" She walked to his bedroom.

"I'm tired and you ain't come in here with no food so I'm wondering why you so loud." Mike laid down and got under the covers.

"You ain't eat nothing? Fuck, you know I can't cook breakfast. I'll make you some cereal."

"I'm good. I'm a just go to sleep." He closed his eyes.

"How long you gone be sleep?" She stared at him.

"Until I'm not tired."

"...you make me wanna smack the shit out of you sometimes." Ebony turned her lip up.

"Damn, how I'm supposed to know how long I'll be sleep? A few hours. Is that better? I'm sorry, I'm just tired as fuck." Mike opened his eyes to see Ebony giving him a deadly stare.

"I wasn't even getting smart. I been at work for sixteen hours, walking and standing up so excuse me if I'm grumpy. I assume you came over here for a reason and if I don't give you attention, I'll be in trouble. So what's up?"

"I didn't come over to get on ya' nerves. I came to give you money for you to get a haircut today; whenever you wake up. And tip ya' barber." Ebony placed a fifty dollar bill next to his pillow.

"I need my hair cut? The trip not until next week." Mike sat up and touched the top of his head.

"This a early gift, you can get it touched up before we leave the city. Tell him to fade it out a little like last time, I liked that shit. Don't take all day either because we have a facial appointment at three-thirty."

"A facial? That's different." He smiled.

"No it's not, you get facials all the time." Ebony chuckled at her joke.

"You the secret to keeping my skin clear, ya' heard me."

"Three-thirty. I'll be back." She grinned and headed to the door.

Ebony was starting Mike's birthday early with a surprise photo shoot for the both of them. She was treating him to a facial to make sure his brown skin was glowing and a fresh haircut, she even bought him two outfits for the shoot. But before any of this, she needed to help Aisha and Jayda get ready for their prom later today. They had already went to get their nails and feet done the day before, so today was all about the hair and makeup.

Lately, Ebony had a giving heart that resulted in her coming out of a lot of money. God had been blessing her with the funds so she didn't mind sharing and giving back to others. Jayda's mother had thanked Ebony a thousand times for making this a dream come true for Jayda. The only thing Ebony wanted out of this was to see Jayda happy.

"Rudy, you coming with me to the hair shop?" Ebony walked past Rudy's room after grabbing her charger.

"Yup. You picking up the two girls, too?"

"No. They parents dropping them off. I'll be doing too much ripping and running."

"This is nice of you though." They headed outside to Ebony's Jeep.

"Yeah. I always feel like when I'm buku nice, I'm about die. Or when God blesses me with something I be thinking I'm a die soon. That's weird, huh?"