Chapter 4

Song in multimedia: Treety- Da Truth

The next morning, Ebony woke up with a pain in her back and neck. Last night her nieces had used her head and body as a resting place. She didn't sleep well, but they woke up rejuvenated and refreshed. Once they all got out of bed, Ebony went into the kitchen to fix them some cereal.

They sat on the kitchen floor and enjoyed their Honey Bunches of Oats with almond milk and a little sugar. Ebony sat at the table and ate her a bowl while watching them. Since they all just woke up, it was pretty quiet for the moment. When they got done eating, they got themselves together and started playing in the living room. Ebony worked from her business phone and took a few phone calls until Jelly came over to see the new apartment.

"Hey auntie." Ebony smiled and gave Jelly a hug.

"Hi. I didn't know the kids would be over." Jelly waved at them.

"Yeah, they spent the first night with me."

"Is that Hakeem's daughter?" Jelly pointed to Kayla who ignored her presence.

"Yeah. Say hi to your auntie, Kay." Ebony picked Kayla up.

"Hi. Put me down." Kayla gave a fake wave.

"She just woke up so she funny acting right now." Ebony put Kayla down so she could finish playing.

"Looking just like her daddy. And the girls got so big since the last time I seen them, still pretty as ever. I wanna see the babies."

"I'm a call my brothers so they could bring them all over." She grabbed her phone.

"Good. Where's Rudy? I brought gifts for y'all."

"Sleep. She was up late last night." Ebony responded after contacting her brothers via text.

"Oh okay. I brought some candles; lavender, and Egyptian musk. I got incense too. Sandalwood, jasmine, frankincense, and rose. Remember you said you liked the lavender soap at my house? I got the both of y'all some. Then I bought this clear quartz for you guys to set somewhere." Jelly dug through the paper bag she brought over.

"Thanks, auntie. I love the smell of sandalwood incense, I used those when I smoked at my teedy house." Ebony grabbed the bag and took everything out.

"You're welcome. Where's your living room couch? If you don't have one I could give y'all mine once I move."

"Rudy sold the old one and we bought a new one. Hasn't shipped out yet, but thanks for offering."

"Okay. I'm going to put this quartz right here on the kitchen counter next to the sink. It feels very welcoming here. I think this was a nice move. I didn't want to say anything, but the other place felt crowded and muggy."

"Probably because of all my outbursts I used to have in there. It probably had buku bad energy. I did hella wild stuff there." Ebony admitted.

"Maybe that's it, I don't know."

A couple hours later, all her brothers showed up along with their significant others. Jelly was happy to see them, especially the babies. She took pictures with the three of them for the rest of the family to see.

"Which one is the oldest? The baby girl, right?" Jelly asked, sitting on Ebony's bed.

"Yeah. She's four months, Hakeem is three months, and Malik is two." Ronnie answered.

"Yup. They'll all be going to school together." Megan smiled.

"That's so beautiful. They're the most precious babies and they're good too."