The Spawns | Chapter XIV -- They Don't Condemn Skinny Dipping

THE SPAWNS

They Don't Condemn Skinny Dipping

Chapter XIV—Cole

© DarknessAndLight

When I opened my eyes in the morning—after a good eleven hours of sleep—the first thought that ran through my mind was that I couldn’t believe what I had done yesterday. I had almost kissed Beth. What was wrong with me? Sure the thought of almost kissing Beth made me giddy in an almost impossible level, but it was still wrong.

Wrong, wrong, wrong.

I had never forced my feelings on Beth. I was stupid to have done this. I shouldn’t have rushed her, put pressure on her, or make her feel uncomfortable because I knew she had been at least one of those things with the way she acted after. She had been sad and gloomy all night long and it had broken my heart, and even if she had held my hand, it didn’t exactly mean she was okay with my feelings.

But it was kind of hard to think about right or wrong when she had been looking at me with those heart wrenching dark blue eyes of hers. And her lips just looked so inviting, I’m sure they would have been soft, soft and warm and perfect.

Why did everything about that girl have to be so god damn confusing. She was just also so soft looking, that was the thing. Beth just didn’t strike me as someone you could grab by the back of the head and kiss angrily, no she was the kind of girl you’d take your time before brushing your lips against hers, the kind of girl you’d kiss slowly and softly until you’d come undone, until it plucked at every single strings of your heart. And god only knew how much I would give to be able to kiss those lips.

And for fudge cake, as far as I knew, kissing Lilibeth Eaton wasn’t even legal. Unless I married her, and I doubted that was going to happen in the near future. If only she could have been a just a little older, or if I could have been younger…

I groaned and rolled out of my bed, dragging my feet downstairs before I made myself crazy with thinking about this.

Both of my parents had already gone to work, so usually I would have had the apartment to myself but I was greeted with an unwelcome sight when I walked in the kitchen to make myself some Fruit Loops—my delinquent cousin eating my Fruit Loops.

I glared at her and pointed to her bowl of cereals. “Those are mine.”

She smirked back. “I should have figured as much, you know them being the color of the rainbow and all. Isn’t that your kind’s trademark symbol?”

“Gay jokes in the morning, so clever,” I said in a chirpy tone bringing my arms close to me, my fists bawled like I was overly joyful. And then I dropped my arms and glared at her again. “Don’t fuck with my Fruit Loops.”

“Don’t worry, that’s not one of my sexual deviances. Now, melons on the other hand…” she trailed, waving her hand.

What have I done to the cosmos to have to endure this? “Will you just, I don’t know, get lost or something, or at least, don’t make an entrance in my life until I have thoroughly woken up?”

“I’m sorry, Nancy,” she replied in a sing-song voice, “do you want me to bring you Fruit Loops in bed too, and maybe a foot massage, and then maybe I can clean your god damn cat’s litter and repaint your entire living room.”

“You know, I wanted siblings for a while, but now I really don’t see what all the fuss was about,” I groaned.

“You’re not my brother, you’re my cousin and as far as I’m concern, you’re just a waste of perfectly good oxygen,” she glared at me.