The Spawns | Chapter XVI - A Love Story Worth Writing About

THE SPAWNS

Chapter XVI—Jayden

A Love Story Worth Writing About

© DarknessAndLight

“I’m just saying, when the dye in her hair messes up with the pool’s pH, I’ll let your parents ground your ass until kingdom come,” Maika mumbled beside me, her hands the only part of her touching the water.

“You’re just jealous because her hair is awesome,” I replied back, flapping my hands in the water trying to move around the pool, closing my eyes, enjoying the sun on my skin.

Maika snorted and flicked water my way. “Why would I be jealous of her fake hair when my real hair is fabulous?” 

She had a point here but I wasn’t going to reward her with any kind of agreeing.

“I just don’t get what you see in her,” she added, her voice flat.

Again, I didn’t say anything. Was I seeing something in Dakota? I sure was seeing her boobs but those were hard to miss, so was her hair and porcelain skin and the way she was too pretty to be real. Okay, yeah, I might have been seeing something, but it wasn’t exactly in her, more like, outside her. Personality wise she was wild and slightly crazy and just a bit unnerving and I didn’t know why but it was thrilling.

“What are you overthinking about now?” Maika groaned beside me, snapping me out of my reverie.

I sighed, smiling a little. “Nothing.”

I didn’t see her do this, but I could put my balls in line and say she was rolling her eyes at me. “Let me guess. Boobies and red hair?”

I smiled fully this time. “Why are you asking if you already know the answer?”

“Okay, let’s be hypothetical here. Let’s say by a sheer struck of chance, you do end up banging the red head.” I opened my mouth to argue about this but Maika raised her hand stopping my before I could say anything. “No, shut up, I don’t want you to comment on that. So let’s say, you do hook up with her, then what? She’s not staying here, she’s leaving at the end of the summer, or until the cops catch her. What do you do then?”

“Do I really need to think that far ahead? Summer break just started,” I pointed out. I didn’t want to tell her there was truth in what she was saying. I mean, come on, weren’t summer fling a big thing?

Maika ignored my whining. “Be realistic. Starting anything with that girl is just going to end up disastrously.”

I snorted. “So then, what do you want me to do? Why don’t you find the girl that’s appropriate for me, but doesn’t clash with your taste and that won’t break my heart, because frankly, I’m not getting any younger!”

I got water splashed my way. “You’re eighteen, you turd!”

I raised my glasses, to give her a look. “Exactly, my best years are behind me. Look at me.” I make a sweeping motion over my body. “I’ve reached my beauty peek. I can only go downhill from here.”

Maika make an exasperated sound. “You are such a girl.”

At that moment, Belly, Cole and Dakota came back into the yard, all wearing bathing suit, ready to join us in the pool.

And obviously, the first two really weren’t the one I was staring at. Dakota in a bikini… There was way too much skin showing, even though there really was no such thing as too much skin showing.