The Spawns | Chapter XXXV -- By Not Being With You

THE SPAWNS

By Not Being With You

Chapter XXXV—Cole

© DarknessAndLight

"God dammit Cole, your timing sucks," Maika whined while Jay just let himself fall back on the bed with Maika still on top of him.

I glared at them, picked up their shirts and threw them in their faces. "My timing is impeccable. You two morons better put some clothes back on, the twins should be here soon. Go take a cold shower." They both smirked. "Not together. Oh my god, you two perverts!" I kept glaring at them and finally Maika go off Jay and they put their shirts on. "Jay go take a cold shower, Mai go grab a bucket of ice and sit on it."

"Come on," they both whined. I couldn't believe it. So, after years of having to endure walking in on my parents, now I had to walk in on my best friends too? Unbelievable.

Obviously, Jayden had finally gotten his head out of his ass and realized his own feelings. So much for two divorces... I was glad for him, but I was kind of suddenly annoyed at the fact that he was already ready to consummate the relationship. If I was honest, I was a little jealous too. Not because I wanted either of them for myself, but because I wanted to have that with someone too. I wanted to be allowed to be like this with Beth. But that wasn't going to happen...

I kept looking sternly at my two bestfriends like they were my petulant kids, because who were we kidding, they usually were. "There is no come on allowed here. Are you magically on the pill?" I asked Maika, "Does either of you have condoms?" I asked the both of them, "No sex! I'm not gonna be an uncle!"

Maika sighed and raised a hand, "Two things. First, morning after pill. And second, as Jay as so gently reminded me, I'm at the end of my cycle. I should start my period soon. I'm totally not fertile right now."

Too. Much. Information. "You two aren't having sex! We have a virgin pact!" I reminded them, "as long as I'm not getting any, you aren't either.!"

Now that got a colourful reaction from the both of them. "Come on!"

"You want us to wait like, what? Four years? Are you out of your mind? I'm ready to take Jayden right now with you in the room."

I ignored that comment, because well, ew, and then raised my voice, pointing at them sternly. "Cold shower. Bucket of ice. Go, go, go."

There were loud sighs and complaining coming from the both of them, until finally Maika left, I hope to actually go get a bucket of ice because that would be epic and I was left with Jayden.

At least he had the decency of looking a little guilty. Maika had just looked smug walking out of our motel room. "You're taking this a lot more coolly than I had anticipated," he said sheepishly, "Or well, I hadn't really thought about how you would take it. I guess I'm probably as surprised as you are. I didn't even have time to think about how people would react." His face changed like he was suddenly thinking about something dreadful. "Oh god, how am I going to break this to Belly?"

I rolled my eyes at the idiot. "Trust me, she already knows. Everybody knew."

"Wait a second," he grabbed my arm, and now he looked like something had suddenly dawned on him, something obvious, "are you telling me you knew?"

I rolled my eyes again. "Of course."

"And you never told me?"

I made a face at him. "Do I need to remind you that you also knew about me liking Beth and you never said anything?"