The Spawns | Chapter XXXVII -- Strip Battleship

THE SPAWNS

Strip Battleship

Chapter XXXVII—Jayden

© DarknessAndLight

Once again we were sitting in a car. I was getting pretty darn fed up with cars to be honest. Cole had made me sit in the front and Maika in the back because apparently he was worried we would play grabby hands in the back. He wasn't completely wrong.

Fortunately for him, we didn't argue too much because Maika didn't want us to look all lovey-dovey in front of Dakota. She didn't want and I quote "the witch to think she had anything to do with us finally getting together."

We'd parted ways with the twins and now we were on our way back home.

It was a... painful ride.

A hundred miles until we get home and Maika and I can tear each other's clothes off. Seventy five miles... Fifty miles...

"You don't have to stop at my place, you can drop me off at Jayden's. I plan on making the most of this sunny day and work on my tan in his pool," Maika announced at the twenty miles marker.

It wasn't sunny.

"Uh huh." Cole just answered.

I tried staring out the window and ignoring his judging gaze.

When we finally parked in front of my house, I grabbed my bag and before going out said, "Let's go running tomorrow morning."

"You sure you'll be able to run? Maika won't be making sure you can't walk straight by tomorrow?" Cole asked with a shit-eating grin.

Maika slapped the back of his head for me.

"Just for that comment I'll be sure to come by your place at six in the morning sharp," I happily said.

"You shouldn't be writing checks your ass can't cash," he replied, still as smug as ever.

"GOODBYE!" I closed the car door sharply.

I could see him laugh as he drove off.

Maika and I walked side by side to the front door of the house, the back of our hands brushing with each step. We both had goofy grins on our faces.

When we stepped inside the house my mother was heading out. "Hey kids, back so soon?"

"Yeah, we kind of realized we were all tired and Cole's cousin is Satan," I told her.

She laughed while putting her shoes on. "But of course. Sorry, I'd stay and chat but your dad is off dealing with university stuff and I need to go to the gallery. The new guy we hired decided to move the new paintings we got that have gold sheets on them... and to put his fingers on it while doing it."

I snorted. "Moron."

"Yeah. Moron," she agreed, straightened herself and grabbed her car keys. "Behave while I'm gone," she told me, kissed my cheek and rushed out.

"So... are we all alone?" I asked.

"I think so..." Maika trailed.

Automatically we both sprinted straight to my room. We must have been a hilarious sight.

I got in the room first and pushed the door close by pressing Maika's back against it, my lips colliding with hers, my hands tangling in her hair.

One of her hands grabbed a fistful of my hair, the other was digging her nails in my back. Our lips and our hands were frantic. It was like we were trying to make up for years of not kissing in a very small amount of time. It felt like there was just not enough of her and not enough of me, but at the same time, too much of everything. Too much skin to touch, too many ways to kiss.