Chapter 11

The ride to the hotel was silent, as Jennifer bit her lip the entire way almost running out of skin. When Rick parked the car and left the car to get a room, Jennifer slowly undid her seatbelt and leaned forwad putting her head in her hands. She brushed her hair back, and leaned up. 

"I can do this. We're just sleeping in the same bed." She said between deep breaths, "Nothing will happen, it's okay. He understands even if it does."

She took another deep breath.

"He won't be afraid, he won't be digusted, he won't leave. He'll take care of you. Just relax. It's just a few hours of sleep."

She took another deep breath.

"I can do this."

She took one last breathe and exited the car as she saw Rick walking back to her with room keys.

"Room 24, right in front of the pool." He smiled at her.

"Fancy  a dip?" she asked, stalling and still trying to calm herself down inside.

"I'd love to, but we don't have bathing suits." 

"We don't have to. I have a bra and underwear, and you have boxers. We'll use the extra clothes after."

He took a few steps towards her so that his face was inches away from hers, and whispered "As tempting as that sounds, we have to get to bed, you're not trying to stall are you?"

"N-no."

"Then come on, let's go see our room."

He took her hand in his and walked them to their room. When they got in, he threw his jacket on the bed and turned on the TV. 

Jennifer looked around and took in the features of their room, It was nice, quaint, but nice. There floor was made up of a soft brown carpet, the bed looked brand new, mattress looked fresh with white linens, pillows and blanet. The walls were a cute light blue color, all in all, an 8 out of 10. That seemed to relax her a bit.

Rick sat on the bed and looked at her. "Hungry?"

"Sure," she relpied.

He picked up a menu from the nightstand and looked it over. "What are you in the mood for?" He held the menu out to her.

She took the menu and sat down next to him, "I'll just have a ceasar salad, I'm not that hungry."

"Okay," He sat up on his elbows and called room service, making the order, getting himself a burger and fries. "Thanks," he hung up the phone.

"Thanks? Your manners are getting better,"

"Yea, your manners are starting to rub off on me."

"I'm glad," she smiled.

"Come," he patted the space next to him on the bed, "Lay down, I'll order a movie on pay-per-view."

"I don't think that's-"

"I'm not asking you to strip down and get in the bed, I'm just asking you to lay down, come on."

When she hesitated, he sat up, gently grabbed her waist, picked her up over him and placed her down on the empty spot on the bed. She giggled a little as her legs still lay over his.

"Okay, that was unneccessary." she stifled a smiled.

"But it was fun,"

"Okay smart guy, what movie are we watching," she moved her legs from his and lay back on her arm.

"What do you feel like, horror, comedy, drama, romance." he smiled at me.

"You think you're funny huh, let's  go with comedy, I need a nice laugh."

"Okay let's see what we have here," he flicked through all the movies.

"That one!" Jennifer pointed at the screen, Rick looked at the title.

"Let's Be Cops?" 

"Yea it's supposed to be so funny."

"Okay, if we'll go with it."

Rick put on the movie and they had a nice time laughing together, halfway into the movie the food arrived and they ate while watching the movie. Towards the end of the movie, it was already 10 o'clock at night, and Jennifer had fallen asleep on Rick's arm. He gently pulled the blanket to cover them, and turned off the TV and the lamp on the nightstand and went to sleep beside her.