Chapter 2

She felt it, it was coming. The nightmare. She was in the same place she always was. A lake, a black lake. That's how all her dreams started. She would sit, naked, in the lake. Unable to move, only breathe and watch, and wait for whatever nightmare was on it's way. They were always different things. It was coming closer. She knew because now she stood up in the lake, and black water would drip off her body as she would make her way out of the lake, onto a snow filled land. 

"No!"

What? She thought.

"Don't touch her!"

Don't touch who? No ones here.

"Leave her alone!"

Leave who alone! Oh my God, it's coming, someone's trying to protect me, it's coming. She closed her eyes.

"Stop! ... Stop!"

Oh God, please stop this.

Suddenly she jerked awake, as strong hands picked her up bridal style. She looked and could see Ricks jaw, she looked behind him at the inn keeper who was yelling at him to put her down. It took her a few moments to remember where she was and how she got there. 

"Put me down!" she finally found her voice to say.

"Shut up!" He said without looking at her.

"Put. Me. Down!" she yelled and began hitting him and moving her legs around so that he couldn't hold her anymore.

Finally he put her down, and as she turned to escape, he caught her by her waist and threw her over his shoulder.

"What the hell! Put me down, stop it!" She continued to yell.

"I said be quiet!" he yelled right back.

"What is your problem!" Suddenly she was shoved into the passenger seat of his car, and he closed the door. By the time she sat upright and was able to get her hands on the door handle, he was already in the drivers seat and began driving away. "Let me out of this car, right now!" 

He kept driving.

"I said let me out, what is the matter with you!"

"If you don't be quiet right now, I swear you'll spend the rest of the drive in the trunk!" he threatened.

She gasped  "You wouldn't." 

"Try me." 

Unwilling to find out if he was bluffing, Jennifer sat back quietly.

After a few moment's of silence, he spoke."You left the car after I stepped out."

"I told you I'd call someone to pick me up."

"You called no one! I checked my recents in my phone. I don't appreciate you lying to me."

"Lying to you? What does it matter, you're a stranger!"

"A stranger who happened to save your life!"

"And I thank you for that but I'm not your problem anymore!"

"I thought you said you were gonna call your boyfriend!"

"He is not my boyfriend!"

"Do you understand what can happen to a girl that looks like you on your own!"

Ignoring what was a veiled compliment in the form of anger she snapped back "Yes I do, but I'm not going to cry for help from some stranger instead!"

He hesitated, "At least I'm a stranger trying to help you, you said you were going to call some guy, why didn't you."