Chapter 24

"Joey where are we going?" Jennifer asked from the passenger seat. They'd only been on the road for 25 minutes before she realized she didn't really tell him which way to go.

"I have a cabin out here, it's a lake house actually.. family owned." Joey replied, never taking his eyes off the road.

"Oh wow, but, how does that help me?"

"What do you mean?"

"I need to get to my aunt, correct me if i'm wrong but she's most likely not at your family's lake house."

"Wait, that woman's not your aunt? So who the hell has been living with me there!" he looked at her and starting laughing.

"Very funny you idiot!

"Jenny, you need to relax, you've been driving around with some psycho you barely know for no reason, you deserve a little break don't you?"

"Well-"

"Look," He pulled the car over and looked at her, turning his body and resting his elbow on top of the steering wheel. "If you want, I can take you straight to your aunt, no problem, but I'd really like it if you stayed a while and maybe let me get to know you. For all you know, we could end up going to your aunt together,"

"Obviously that's the point-"

"As a couple, I mean. And you could introduce me as more than 'the guy that drove you cross country to your aunt'." He gave her a sexy half smile that she just could not resist.

"Fine," she smiled and looked back at the road, "Let's go."

Joey stared at her for a few seconds before turning and getting back on the road.

"So what's our music situation looking like?" Joey asked while driving.

"Give me your phone and I'll show you," she gave him a teasing smile as he handed her his iPhone and she turned on "Ghost town" by Madonna.

He nodded to the music and when she started singing and swaying to the music, he turned his head to stare at her again and smiled at her silly-ness. It hurt him to look away but eventually did.

What was he going to do with her he thought. After a couple of songs, Joey turned down the music.

"Care for some small talk? I mean we could keep listening to music if you want but I thought maybe... you know..."

Jennifer thought back suddenly to the time she and Rick were listening to music and he kept turning off the music and forced her to talk. Joey actually was asking, it was a relief, a breath of fresh air to be asked, not told.  

"Yea that sounds alright." 

"So, and stop me if I get to personal but, were you and Rick... like... together or..."

"I'm not gonna lie to you Joey, we were... I don't know what we were. He's a weird fellow. Like I said I'd only met him a couple of days ago."

"Oh, so driving with strangers is a habit then?" he laughed.

She laughed and playfully hit his shoulder, "Oh stop! Actually to be completely honest, I met Rick and got stuck in a car with him the same way me and you did. Something bad happened and he was kind of my only hope."

"I see." Joey looked out the window and then back at the road.

"Yea, don't let that make you think any less of me I'm not like, a trashy or messy kind of girl I just- I-I-I got involved-stuck really, I mean-"

"Hey! Take a breath Jenny, no one's judging you here, no one thinks your trashy. You said he was your only hope. I understand that, believe me."

"Yea, anyways we um, we were just getting to know each other but he wouldn't open up to me the way he made me open up to him. He was pretty shady actually."

"Oh? In what way?"

She wanted to tell him about all the times she caught Rick with a folder, or talking to someone suspicious but something told her that that was something she had to keep to herself. 

"He just...wouldn't open up is all.. he made me do all the talking. I'm afraid I might have said too much to him."

"Hm.." 

They were both quiet until Joey broke the silence.

"Well it's a good thing I got you away from him then."

An hour later they reached a museum.

"What are we doing here?" Jenny asked.

"We are going to stare out the outside of this museum." He said as he turned off the engine, sat back and crossed his arms over his chest and literally stared at the museum.

"You know I don't enjoy your sarcasm,."

"Yes you do," he smirked without looking at her and then looked at her, "That's you smile every time I say something."

She covered her smile with her hands as it got wider and looked away.

"Oh come on, don't hide that beautiful smile from me." he reached over and gently took hold of her chin to face him. "I was serious about staying outside but another option is to go into the museum, they do have insides you know."

She laughed, "Okay, and what kind of museum is this?"

"The kind with three floors, 4 walls all around, a food court-"

"Joey I'm going to wring your neck!" she laughed.

"What! you asked ! I can't help it if I'm so charming as to get you heated about it."

"What kind of museum you ass, art, history, sex museum.." she smiled but regretted the last one feeling it was too personal for two....well... strangers.

He smiled and looked down knowing that last one made her feel awkward, he looked back up at her "It's the Museum of Glass, pretty interesting. You into it?"

"Yea definitely." She smiled.

They left the car and reaching the doors of the museum, Joey opened the front door and reached out his hand to hold her hand. She was a bit taken back by his gentle ways and not sure about the hand holding considering what she went through with Rick, he never really asked. At this point he would've just grabbed her hand and dragged her in with him. Looking up at his smile, she took his hand and they walked into the museum. Feeling like for once, she had a choice and could make it herself.

WHO DO YOU GUYS THINK SHOULD BE RICK? GIVE ME SOME ACTORS NAMES, SOME IDEAS!!