Chapter 27: Racers Are You Ready

Lisa felt uneasy. "Do you think it was a good idea to leave them alone?"

"I don't know, but I certainly wasn't expecting them to act so aggressively. Especially San."

Jennie hoped on the hood of my car. "I don't see why not."

"Get off my baby." I shooed.

She rolled her eyes, leaping off my car. "Do you remember how Hongjoong and the others scared off my first boyfriend? And we all know you have a special place in San's heart. Sometimes I wonder if he has feelings for you."

"First off, Triston was a player."

"And what does that make me?"

Jisoo sucked her teeth. "Don't you dare compare yourself to that scum, Jennie. You don't play with people's feelings. You don't put on a show to get what you want. Instead, you tell your interest exactly what you want, and you give them a chance to choose to comply or find someone else that would give them what they are looking for. That's the difference between an assertive woman that dabbles and a player."

"And after that incident, they promise to never intrude in our personal matters unless they feel something is wrong." Rose' cooed.

"Another thing, San doesn't have feelings for me. His heart is already occupied."

"By whom?" Rose' asked, shocked by the new information.

"You know him."

"HIM? SAN'S GAY?"

"Dammit, Rose', can you keep it down."

"Sorry."

"And no, he is not gay but bisexual."

Who is the guy?" Lisa asked, thoroughly intrigued.

"Wooyoung."

"WHAT?"

I flinched from their sudden yelling. "Oh my gosh, stop yelling. Embarrassing."

Jisoo pulled me to the side. "Sorry, but are we talking about the same Wooyoung?"

I frowned. "Yes, what other Wooyoung do you know?"

"Well, they grew up together, faced the worst together, and found a better life together. So, they might as well be together."

"Has San confessed?"

"Not officially, but Wooyoung is always so protective and flirty over San I wouldn't doubt if he shares the same feelings."

"I wish they would just date each other already." Lisa squealed.

"Tell me about it-"

"This is the first call for all Racers to please head to check-in."

"We can talk about this later."

"Fine, but we want all the tea, Y/N."

...

We were heading to check-in when four girls we had never seen before came and stood in our way.

Jisoo looked at them with scrutiny. "Umm, may we help you?"

"Yes, which one of you is called the Goddess of Hell's Peak?" one of the girls asked.

"That would be me."

A girl stepped in front of me. "The names Seulgi."

"I didn't ask, nor are you important enough for me to bother to remember." I looked her directly in her eyes. "One thing I hate is wasting my energy on nonfactors such as yourself."

Her eyes dilated, "Nonfactor? I'm here to take that title of yours. Let's see how long I will be a nonfactor."

"Is that so, Listerine?" I said with a smirk.

"Listerine?" she asked, confused.

"Yeah, Listerine, because that's what you'll need after you eat my dust on the track." I could hear Lisa, Jennie, Rose', Jisoo, and nearby contestants laughing behind me.

A crowd slowly formed around us.

"Don't be a bitch!" another girl snapped.

I looked at her. "Who are you to call me a bitch?"

"I am a Mafia Princess." She proudly said.

I scoffed. "That's cute. Sadly, that means nothing here. Down here, you are reduced to a peon. If that? You are the prey in my lioness's dean. You are a spec of a star in my galaxy. What's a Princess of a village to a Queen of many nations? Little Mafia Princess, I have the right to be a bitch. Manage to become a Queen, and only then will you be eligible to stand toe to toe with me. Until then, Princess, please refrain from pissing me off before I have you executed."

Seulgi folded her arms. "I thought killing wasn't allowed here."

Bless her poor soul. She doesn't really know who I am. From their body language, I can tell that two of the five love are the center of attention, one more than the other. The little one is just hanging on to their coattails. The other two look like they neither care nor want to be here.

How riveting?