Chapter 38: Beauty in Red

Beauty in Red

On our way to the banquet, I couldn't help but think about Yoongi. I wondered how hot he must be looking in his fitted suit complimented by his diamond jeweled lion mask. His cold gaze making people quake at their knees as an entourage of men stood behind him, boosting his image of power. Women will be drooling over a man they could never have because he will never give them the time of day.

"Will this banquet be fun and exciting?" Rose' excitingly asked.

"Well, we've been attending these things for years, so we don't feel the excitement anymore," Joy said.

"There are usually private activities happening throughout the night, but you have to be invited," Seulgi said while taking a sip of her champagne.

"What kind of private activities?" Rose' asked out of curiosity.

Wendy sighed. "Well, there's the illegal auctioning's and under the table gambling, amongst other things."

"Please tell me when you say, 'illegal auctioning's-" Jisoo asked.

"They auction off cars, weapons, alcohol, drugspeople," she answered nonchalantly as if it was normal.

I hesitantly asked, "Does Yoongi... you know?"

Irene completed my question, "Participate in such things? Of course, he does. That's the only way to thrive as the Mafia King. Still, if you're asking if he human traffick's, then no, he doesn't participate during the auction segment."

I released the breath I didn't realize I was holding and asked, "He's the Mafia king. Can't he like do something about it?"

Yeri chuckled. "It's a lot more complex than what you think, but he did create rules that, if broken, can be punishable by death. There is something only you can do to give him the ultimate power."

"Me?" I asked, pointing to myself.

"Marriage." she simply said.

"What?" I asked, slightly perplexed about her answer.

Joy sighed. "Marriage, the hidden rule is that the King must be able to grant the position of the next heir in wedlock. So, once he marries, the title and responsibility of the Mafia Queen will be passed to his wife. She must conceive an heir, preferably a son, within the first two years of marriage." she clarified.

"It's one of the many reasons we have to be careful tonight, specifically you, Y/N. There are a lot of girls who've tried to seduce the King, and once they find out about you, they will do anything to get rid of you." Irene warned.

"There's another dangerous mixed group of Mafia princess and assassins that go by White Vultures. Their former leader, the current leader's grandfather, is obsessed with power. The White Vultures foundation is built on obtaining power by any means necessary. Crimson Clan is at the top of the list. They will be at the banquet tonight." Seulgi said.

Wendy laughed. "They will lose their shit when they see us walk hand and hand with them."

Jisoo scoffed, "As long as they keep their filthy hands off my man, no blood will be shed tonight."

Lisa agreed. "Same for me. As long as they keep their hands off my bunny, they will leave with their faces intact, maybe."

"Besides, if you consider them dangerous, consider us a catastrophic natural disaster," Jennie had a sinister smirk.

Rose' chuckled. "Trust us when we say whoever those girls are, have nothing on us, and nothing nor anyone can stop Y/N when she gets in her freaking psycho mode. It's scary yet satisfying."

I choked on my wine. "Shut up. I'm not that bad."

Lisa rolled her eyes. "Oh please, babe, spare us the innocent act. You are devious, manipulative, and heartless when it comes to your enemies."

"Hmm, true. I can't help that I enjoy completely destroying my enemies." I smirked.

Our conversation was cut short by the driver. "Excuse me, ladies, but we have arrived."

That was quicker than expected.

"Okay, thank you for the safe arrival." Irene politely responded.

The driver smiled. "You're welcome, madam."

Then she looked at the rest of us. "I think it would be best to go out first since we're more familiar with this type of scene."

"I'm okay with that." I looked to see the others nodding their heads in agreement.

Joy downed the rest of her wine and yelled, "Okay, then let's get this shit show on the road!"

We laughed at a defiantly tipsy Joy. Then, all ten of us stepped outside the limo. Our laughter died down when we noticed how silent it was. We saw everyone staring at us, trying to figure out who the new girls were, but that wasn't my concern.

"Where is he?" I asked myself. I walked in front of the other girls scanning the crowd for my King.

Finally, after what seemed like forever, we made eye contact. It felt like the world had stopped. That it was just him and I. We were in such a trance we didn't realize we were already walking toward each other. He placed his hand on my waist, staring into my eyes, taking one of my loose strands and putting it behind my ear. He leaned closer and whispered...

"Beautiful..."