Chapter 45: Last Night

I blinked a few times, adjusting to the light. She groaned as the brightness of her surroundings gave her an instant headache. She noticed she was tied up to a chair in the middle of an abandoned factory. How cliché?

"Damn, my shoulders feel stiff. What happened last night?"

Flashback...

I chuckled, hearing someone locking the bathroom door. "I knew you would follow me. Are you here to tell me that I don't belong here and how I should stay away from King because he's yours?" I said, looking at Mina through the mirror.

She scoffed, "Well since you know, I want you to leave, no, disappear from the face of the earth and never come back. I'll pay you any amount of money. Do you accept my offer?"

"No." I simply said.

"What?" She asked, stunned by my answer.

I turned and looked her in the eyes. "You heard me. I said no... actually, I mean hell no. Do you know why? It's a simple answer, really. It's because King is mine and will never be yours. I don' know what your intentions are. Quite frankly, I don't give a damn, but I'm not stupid enough to believe you would pay me to "disappear" and risk King finding out. Why waste your money on me when you could just have me killed by your little minion assassin? What was her name again... oh yeah... Hirari Momo, right?"

She looked at me, dumbfounded. "How do you know that?"

I smirked. "A magician never reveals their secret, Mina Myoui."

She stumbled backward. "How do you know my name? Who are you?"

I chuckled. "Who am I? I'm someone you shouldn't take lightly."

"You are no one to me." She fumed, ready to slap me, but I caught her by the wrist.

"Oh, come on, what did you think I scrawny girl like you could intimidate a real woman like me. What do you take me for?" I tighten my grip. "You thought you could scare me by locking the door and stepping to me with some half-ass threat?" I looked her up and down. "As if you're threatening."

She struggled to free herself. "Get your damn hands off of me before I kill you."

I allowed her to pull her hand away. "What's your real intention? I know..." I paused, pretending that I was thinking before saying, "You were hoping that you would back me up to let me guess...over there." I pointed to a dark room on the opposite side of the building. "Then your little puppet would have a clear shot to shoot me with a tranquilizer."

"Since your so clever, what makes you so sure that it's a tranquilizer and not a real bullet?"

"Because it's something I would do, I must give you your props." I gave her halfhearted claps "Another thing, shooting me with an actual gun would be too risky. It would draw too much attention. I have a question? Do you think getting rid of me will give you the chance to get him? You have been failing at it long before I stepped into the picture. If you truly believe that, then let the games begin." I slowly backed up towards the window.

"What are you doing?"

"I'm giving you what you want." On cue, a dart came flying through the window. I turned around and caught it and then waved it mockingly. "It's been a while since I had some real fun." I thought.

With my back still turned, "You will regret ever challenging me. I will show you what happens when you play with the devil. Enjoy this peaceful life while you can." I drove the tranquilizer into my own thigh and let out a horrific laugh before slowly falling to the floor and blacking out.

We will see who has the last laugh.

...

Ahhh, now I remember. I wonder how long I have been out of it.

"Oh, look who's awake?" Mina appeared in front of me. "Did you have a nice nap? Is the chair comfortable enough for you? Are the ropes too tight?" Every question she asked was followed by an even bigger smirk.

I yawned and popped my neck. "I had a wonderful nap, actually. What kind of chair is this? I think I will have to get myself one when I get out of her."

I knew that wasn't the reaction she was looking for. Instead, she probably expected me to cry and beg for her to let me go. "Well, whatever, I am not going to let you spoil my mood, and do you know why?"

"No, do tell," I answered blankly.

She bent down to my level, "Because I will see my future hubby today. I will be meeting him; you know to show my condolence about his missing lover...boo hoo."

Yeah, sure you are, abductor.

"How do I look?" she asked, spinning around.

I looked her up and down despite

"You have a nice body. There is no need to wear such a tight skimpy dress. The shoes, although cute, are impractical, and the makeup is mediocre at best. I would go for a more executive meets runway. An eccentric emerald or white pin suit, nude pumps, low messy bun, and simple makeup."

She looked taken aback. "I wasn't expecting this."

"I'm not blind. You have a nice body, a pretty face, but sadly a nasty personality. If you fix that, you just might be ten levels away from being close to me."

For a split second, her smile faltered. "You're not spoiling my mood. I'm sure King won't mind my personality."

While she was going on her little rant, I noticed the necklace Yoongi gifted me was around her neck, that little thief, but it's going to work out in my favor in the end. Unfortunately, this armature still hasn't learned anything from our encounter last night.

What a pity...