Chapter 28: Toast to Truce

Yoongi let out a slow controlled breath, but the thick tension in the air weighted heavily over his head. While the apprehension of the awkward stillness was so brittle that it could snap, no one spoke. What is there to say?

As if reading his mind, Hongjoong broke the silence. "How about we head inside? The race will be starting soon."

"Yeah, sure, lead the way."

"Very well, follow me." Yoongi attempted to relax his body by slackening his shoulders, lolling his head in a circle, and loosening his stride to a more nonchalant pace. It was a decent effort, enough to fool the casual observer, but Jimin could feel how tense he was.

"Relax, boss, we got your back," Jimin whispered reassuringly.

"Thanks."

passion.

Hongjoong led them to the top floor. The lights were dimmed with a warm hue. The gold and white interior, mirrored walls, and the massive crystal chandeliers suspended from the center of the room gave off a fresh, sophisticated vibe. "This is our private lounge. Feel free to get comfortable here."

"Don't mind if we do." Taehyung quickly sat on one of the sofas, gently bouncing, "This is so comfy, and I love the vibe."

Mingi felt proud of himself. "I am not the one to toot my own horn, but, toot toot, I designed it myself."

Jongho frowned. "Mingi, please. You did nothing but give a useless input about wanting it as if you were sitting on a fluffy cloud high in the luxurious sky."

"It was fitting at the time," Mingi reasoned.

"It was stupid. Try sitting on an actual cloud, then come back to me." Jongho snickered. "That's if you're alive."

"You are so mean." Mingi moped.

"It's my day job." Jongho loved teasing Mingi, but he was someone he doted on the most.

"Anyway, how about we get some drinks in our system to loosen the mood." Yunho pressed a button, and a hologram waiter appeared.

"Hello, I am Apex. How may I be of service to you today?"

Yunho stood before her. "Hello, my girl."

"Hello, father."

"Can you provide a menu for my guest and me?"

"Yes, father, would you like high-end, leisure, or blended?"

"Blended would be fine, my girl." The menu suddenly appeared on the screen. "Order at your own leisure. It's on me."

"Holy shit, that is so awesome," Jungkook exclaimed.

"Thanks, she is still a work in progress, but perfect nonetheless." Yunho bragged.

Taehyung excitedly examined Apex. "How did you get the three-dimensional interfaces to merge so seamlessly?"

"A lot of trial and error. Maybe I can show you one day." Yunho offered.

"That would be great."

Mingi was astounded. "Since when are you nice?"

"Shut up. Apex, I would like a bottle of Belgian Blonde Ale and Sam Adams Utopias."

Yoongi was in a dilemma. One could convey a lot about a man by the drink he chooses. There are two routes presented to him. He could play it safe and order something on the cheaper scale to appear humble or go with their accustomed exquisite taste.

Finally coming to a decision, he gave Namjoon a slight nod. "Hello, Apex. Can I have a Johnnie Walker Blue Label Ghost and Rare?"

"Of course, sir, your orders will be here momentarily."