Chapter 24: Dead Zone

I sat in the middle seat with my head leaning against Yoongi's shoulder, laughing at the boys clowning each other behind us.

Beep Beep

"What's that kitten?" Yoongi questioned, looking down at me.

"A Satellite Radar Beacon, SRB for short. It notifies citizens of the Underground of nearby entry points."

Jungkook chuckled, taking a sip of his 1947 Cheval Blanc. "Our problem is that the only way to reach the cities is to go through Dead Zone. Dead Zone is an inaccessible place heavily guarded by the city's top military-trained combatants, known as Gatekeepers. Dead Zone is the main gateway to these underground cities, surrounding them like a forcefield. No one enters or leaves the Underground without first encountering the Gatekeepers."

"Wait, do we reach a place that is inaccessible?" Seokjin questioned.

"You will see." Hey, Jimin?"

"Yes, Princess," he replied.

"Take exit I3 to 402SW Downtown. From there, I will guide you the rest of the way."

"Gotchya."

Namjoon clapped his hands, gaining our attention. "I vaguely remember going through a tedious security check when accompanied by a mysterious man who eventually led me to Jungkook." I wonder which of the Originals did he encounter. They do tend to play the role of the Guardian Angel.

"I'm getting some ideas on how we can advance our security detail." Taehyung was genuinely impressed by the security they've managed to successfully implement

"Parkie Pooh,"

Jimin laughed. "Seriously, Parkie Pooh is the best you could come up with?

"I could call you Mr. Park." I teased.

He glared at me from the rearview mirror. "Call me that, and I swear I will make you regret it."

I feel a special joy when teasing Jimin "Anyways, Parkie Pooh, make a left on D2 Street. It will lead you to a dead end. From there is when the real journey begins."

"Uncertainty bothers me, and you know this, Y/N."

"Uncertainty is what makes the Underground world so intriguing and untouchable. So just focus on the road, Mr. Park."

Jimin stomped on the breaks making jolted forward. Lucky there was a stop sign. "Get out of the car Y/N. Let's dush it out right now." he got out of the car, beckoning me to step out.

"I wouldn't fight her if I were you," Jungkook warned.

Yoongi

Y/N had her head on my shoulder, unconsciously playing with the ring on my finger. The scent of rose petals wafted in my nose. Is that her shampoo, perfume, or her natural fragrance? I smiled as my mind drifted to our first kiss.

"Parkie Pooh,"

My smile dropped hearing Y/N call Jimin with such an affectionate nickname.

Jimin laughed. "Seriously, Parkie Pooh is the best you could come up with?

I was too focused on what Y/N had called Jimin to hear the rest of their conversation. Like what the fuck? Did she really have to call him Parkie Pooh!? What the hell is even a Parkie Pooh? I suddenly was jerked forward.

I looked up to see that Jimin had stopped the car. "Get out of the car Y/N. Let's dush it out right now." he got out of the car, beckoning me to step out.

"I wouldn't fight her if I were you," Jungkook warned.

Jimin was fuming, "Come on, Jimin, get your panties out a wad." Y/N teased.

"Get back in the car, or we will leave you here," I ordered.

He reluctantly got back in the car, not forgetting to glare at Y/N on the way. "Yoongi might have saved you this time, but he won't always be around to save you."

Is it wrong that it's not Y/N I saved but Jimin? "That's enough, Jimin. Y/N, can you please tell Jimin where to go."

She chuckled. "I'm sorry, Jimin, I was just teasing you. You look so cute when you're angry."

Jimin's anger falters before he finally caves in. "Fine, you're forgiven."

Seriously, did she really have to call him cute?

"You see that garage over there." she pointed to an abandoned car garage. Jimin nodded his head. "That's the checkpoint."

Jimin looked at the run-down building skeptically. "You sure?" he questioned.

"Yes, trust me and pull in." I turned to face the others. "Don't freak out about what's about to happen next."

Jungkook laughed. "This should be fun." knowing what was about to happen.

Hoseok gave him a questioning look. "Why would we-" the ground started to sink.

I stiffened as our car sunk further into the ground. My heart raced as my mind persuaded me that I was being buried alive. Then, before my body went into full panic, there was a glimpse of light, a ray of hope. And the next thing I knew, we were, "Welcome to the Underground. Technically, we are in an underground parking garage where other city civilians stored their cars. But, nevertheless, welcome to my humble abode."

"What the hell? This is just... wow!" Seokjin said in a state of shock.

Y/N laughed. "I know, right, but this is nothing. Everybody, exit the car carefully, emphasis on the word carefully."

"Okay, guys, you see that..." Jungkook pointed to the orange warning light above our heads.

"Yeah, what about it?" Namjoon asked.

"Well, that orange light is the first warning signal to the Keepers of the Underground that someone has crossed into the marked territory. I need you all to put your weapons in the trunk. We don't want to appear as a threat in any way." He warned.

"This whole system that you guys have created is quite impressive," I was genuinely impressed.

Y/N shook her head in agreement. "We managed to get this far in - shhh."

Jungkook and Y/N looked at each other, sensing they were not alone.

"Y/N, what's wrong?" Hoseok asked.

"Don't make any sudden movements, and don't antagonize the Keepers. They are heavily armed and will not hesitate to execute you on sight." Jungkook warned.

Soon we were surrounded by heavily suited men and women.

"State your business here!" One of the Keepers yelled.

Y/N stepped forward. "An open door says, Come in."

"A shut door says, who are you?" the Chief Gatekeeper responded.

"Shadows and ghosts go through shut doors,"

"If a door is shut and you want it shut, why open it?"

"Doors forget, but only doors know what it is. Doors forget." Y/N completed.

He put his gun down, "They're clear. Open the gates and welcome home, Blood Queen."

"Thank you, we would like to rent out one of the Diamond Deluxe Vehicles if you don't mind."

"Prepare a car for the Queen and her guest." the Keeper ordered.

Another Keeper stood before us. "Here are your keys and the passes the Originals personally prepared for you."

"Thank you, gentlemen. Keep the city safe." Y/N said before sitting in the driver's seat of a customized expedition.

Taehyung went into a fit of giggles. "That was so awesome. We can definitely learn a thing or two from them."

I took refuge in the passenger seat, intertwined our hands, and brought it to my lips. "You will never cease to amaze me, you know that?" he said with so much admiration in his voice.

She smirked at him. "You are so whipped for me, King."