Chapter 44: The Hunt

"Tae, do you have any news about Y/N yet?" Yoongi anxiously asked, gaining everyone's attention.

"No, it's like she disappeared off the face of the earth," he answered, frustrated that he couldn't ease the pain of his best friend.

"It's been 12 hours since we heard anything. We have to find Y/N. She could be hurt." Jungkook said, worried.

Lisa slightly chuckled. "If there's one thing I know, my girl will never go without a fight, and she never does anything without a reason or plan in mind."

Yeosang came into the room. "When we find her, I'm kicking her ass. I told her to let me in on it if she's planning something, but of course she had to do her lone wolf thing."

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

He sighed. "After you guys left, she had a stare down with that Mina girl. But there was something else in Y/N's eyes. The look of a predator hunting its prey."

"Like I said, Y/N never does anything with a reason or plan in mind." Lisa gloated.

"Maybe it has something to with those girls. She had me pull information on that Mina girl and her group." Yunho added.

Lisa laughed. "See, I told you she never does anything without a reason or a plan."

Ding-Ding, Ding Ding

I looked at my phone and saw a text from Myoui Nobu. "Come to my company. I have something I would like to discuss." what a coincidence.

"I think you might be on to something, Yunho. I have an idea who might be the cause of the explosion last night and might be behind Y/N's sudden disappearance." I scoffed, still looking at my phone. "Myoui wants to have a meeting."

"That old man is obsessed with power. I wouldn't put it passed him, and after last night's little confrontation, I'm more than sure he was involved." Jimin said, thinking about the meeting at last night's banquet.

Jimin's Flashback

I really hate these meetings. The atmosphere is filled with jealousy, envy, anger, irritation, and disdain. Someone is always complaining, another boasting, and others overstepping their boundaries.

Nobu clasped his hands together. "So King, my granddaughter has informed me that you've brought a little date this time. Please do tell us where you bought the scum."

What do you know, Nobu just has to give his two cents about everything? I glanced at Yoongi and saw him clenching onto the armrest of his chair.

"Watch your tongue before I have it cut out. Actually, I might just let your future Queen do it herself. She tends to have a temper." Yoongi spoke with so much venom it sent a shiver even down my spine.

"You should learn to respect your seniors," Nobu spoke as if he had all the authority.

That's it. I stood up, "Who do you think you are? With all disrespect Elder Myoui, you should learn to respect the Mafia King, or haven't you forgotten your place?"

"Who do you think made him King? Without me, he would have been kicked out a long time ago. And what right do you have to question me? You were and always will be a street mutt." he said smugly.

Oh, how I want to smack that smug look off his face. "Don't give in to his games. He wants you to lose control. He wants it to look like Yoongi has no control over his men." Namjoon whispered. " King is not even capable of containing the temper of his Apprentice. How will he be capable of choosing a suitable bride to be our future Queen is what he will argue. Trust me, everything he is about to say is to purposely get under our skin, but for King's sake, we must control ourselves. In due time he will get what's coming to him."

I know Namjoon is right, but it still doesn't change the fact I want to submerge his head in a bucket of water.

Yoongi scowled, "So, you think you made me who I am today? Are you sure, because I remember for the last six generations it was my family who kept your family relevant? That fact alone proves you're full of shit. So let me ask you a question, who am I?"

"The Mafia King." Nobu deadpan.

"We all know that. I was asking who is the face behind this mask?" he went silent.

Seokjin laughed. "The simple fact that you claim to have put King in his position yet can't answer this simple question is baffling."

The other Elders and bosses laughed, finding it amusing that Nobu, King of manipulation, always looking for ways to gain power, was stumped.

He looked at King furiously. "You disrespectful little-" he cleared his throat, remembering his position. "Anyhow, we have other matters to discuss. For instance, the position of our future Queen is still vacant. So, I propose we have an anonymous ballot vote amongst the families to decide who the new Queen should be."

Namjoon raised his hand. "That's not something you should be concerned about, nor is it your call. Who King decides to marry is strictly his discussion, and there are no rules to say otherwise. Trust me, I would have found them."

As the consigliere, Namjoon must play his role in protecting us. When it comes to these types of meetings or any other meeting, he represents the group. He aids us in what we should say and keeps us grounded. Our actions can reflect either negatively or positively on Yoongi.

"I believe it is my concern, all of ours in fact. It would be best if the next Queen was familiar with our world. Who else agrees?" he asked, trying to gain the support of the others in the room.

There were a few hands raised. "I agree with Nobu. I am concerned about the dangers that come with letting an outsider in. Besides, she would have to be trained to fit the Queen position. Wouldn't it be better to marry one of the Princess who has been training for years?" one of the Elders questioned.

Yoongi scoffed. "By whose standards? And do any of you know if she is involved in the Mafia world? I can assure you my woman can kick the ass of every man in this room, including my own. Last time I checked, I don't have to marry any of the established Princesses."

"This is absurd!" Nobu argued.

"You're right. This is absurd." Seulgi's grandfather, Nile Pearl, spoke up. "How immature can you be? We can't, and we won't force any marriage. He is young and has the right to choose who he wants. However, I will not sit idle as you dictate what should be, for your own agenda."

Nobu looked at the man frustratingly. "What nonsense are you talking about, Nile?"

"Nonsense? You know precisely what I'm talking about, Nobu. Ever since you brought Mina here, you have groomed her to believe she is the only one fit to be Queen. Did you really think none of us would notice? Your son turned his back on you, and your grandson wants nothing to do with you or his own sister. Therefore, I will not allow you to take this opportunity from King, not that you could anyway."

"This is unbelievable. Soon you all will see the mistake you are making. You all will see that my granddaughter Mina has always been the best fit for Queen."

It seems that yelling when the Myoui's don't get their way is a bad habit that runs in the family. "Mark my words when I say Mina is not even close to being the best fit to rule next to me as Queen. A dog would be better than her. At least I know it would be loyal to me. Now I believe if there is nothing else to bring to my attention, then the meeting is adjourned."

Yoongi stood up from his seat, fixed his jacket, and walked out of the room without another word, with the rest of us following him.