No Eclipse :'(

There was a total lunar eclipse last night.

But it was cloudy.

And I had been waiting since APRIL 14 WHEN THERE WAS A TOTAL LUNAR ECLIPSE BUT IT WAS CLOUDY AND I COULDN'T SEE IT JUST LIKE WHAT HAPPENED THIS TIME.

Let the book excerpt I wrote for the occasion tell you the rest.

★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★

I thought about getting up. She had been out there for a while, it must be good. The moon was so bright when we went out earlier, perfect. Beautiful.

"But not as beautiful as you" I had told her, making her smile. She had set three alarms already. There was no way she was missing this.

Her alarm went off at 3:30 am. I stayed back, telling her to get me if it was good. She probably forgot. She was probably too caught up in the eclipse.

Suddenly, the door opened. There she was. I could see tears streaming down her face. It didn't take an expert to see what had happened.

She ran to me, practically leaping into my arms. "Cloudy? " I asked, as she cried into my chest. I felt her nod.

After a few minutes, she pulled away. "I woke up at three thirty to see CLOUDS." She said bitterly.

"Well, so did Thunder, Feather, and Boulder" I told her.

"Because of me!" She continued her sobbing.

Suddenly, something clicked in my mind. "You were going to see Leo, weren't you?" I whispered. Normally, it would have been me. But I was here, and she really needed to see Leo. The others needed to see Leo, too. That's why she's crying so much, I thought. Because it was the only chance of at least partially reuniting her family.

So I held her until the tears stopped flowing. She fell asleep in my arms.

I smiled, knowing what would be coming when we got back-frantic eclipse research. After all, that's how she had found out about this one, frantically looking up when the next eclipse would be when the current one wasn't visible. If she had signal, she'd have already started.

"Sleep well, my star" I whispered. Never had I loved anyone more. No one could match my perfect, eclipse-obsessed River.

No one.

★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★

This probably sucks because I wrote it at 4:19 AM I'VE BEEN UP SINCE 3:30 BECAUSE-

*gets pushed away by Arwen before I go into another rant*

But if this was any good, let me know! I might use it in one of my books XD

(I would have published it earlier but I was at a place with no signal at 3:30 am)