Dess does stuff

If you didn't notice, I was gone for a while and forgot to tell you...oops

Being without internet leaves room for a LOT of book excerpts. A LOT. I kept writing them in my head EVERY MINUTE OF EVERY DAY.

So, here's the ones I can remember. Enjoy! This shows exactly how much I write...

★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★

I looked at my surroundings. They were different than what I had seen before...I laughed bitterly. Of course it was different. What did I expect?

Just remember the things you have learned, I thought. It was time. They were coming.

Suddenly, time seemed to slow. I smelled blood-but not my own. A sharp pain shot through me. What was happening?

The world went black for a minute, before returning to normal. One, two, three familiar faces flashed through my mind. Several voices. I heard one over the others, and tears welled up in my eyes.

The battle had begun.

A/N: Okay, slightly random... yolo?

★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★

A/N: The names have been changed to prevent spoilers.

"Come to mama!" I called, watching Leo play on the grass. He toddled over to me, handing me a dandelion.

"Why, thank you!" I laughed, tucking it in my hair. Daniel came over, smiling fondly.

"He takes after you" I told him, and he nodded in agreement.

"I'm sure our next one is going to be like you, luck always falls on your side" Daniel laughed.

"Sister!" Leo cried happily. His blue eyes shone with delight.

Daniel looked at me, and I knew exactly what he was thinking. I knew we were both going to give Leo the childhood we never had. Some would say an 'ordinary childhood", but as you've probably noticed, we were anything but ordinary.

Leo suddenly grabbed ahold of Daniel's leg. "When I grow up, I'm gonna be just like you!" He said. I gave Daniel the classic "What did I tell you?" look. He laughed, and ruffled Leo's hair.

And for the first time in a while, I was truly happy.

A/N: *congratulates self on amazing name changes*

Serious A/N: This will have several changes in the book I eventually put it in. My brain was kinda dead when I wrote this. Yeah.

★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★