Chapter 26

The following morning, I woke early. My mind was wandering over the thoughts of Harry being gone to war with the other troops. I was up so early this morning, the troops weren't even training yet. I was awake to see them all filtering out of the building. I could see Harry from where I stood on my balcony.

Harry was walking with a group of boys who were all laughing at something that was said. He leaned over and shook his head, his fingers brushed through his bangs placing his bangs to the side. 

It was weird to think that at any moment, he could be leaving and I would be here. I didn't really know how to handle the feelings of him leaving. I would be alone in this large castle. I didn't want to be alone here. His company was something I enjoyed. I would be left alone with just Gemma to talk to. Don't get me wrong, I did like Gemma, but she wasn't Harry.

"Good morning, Emerald," Trish's soft voice said. I turned around in my chair and smiled to the kind woman. "You're up awfully early."

"I am," I nodded. "I have a lot on my mind."

"Most women do," Trish said walking out onto the balcony taking a seat beside me. "Does it have to do with Prince Harry?"

"Doesn't it always?"

"What did he do this time?" 

"Nothing," I sighed. "His father did."

"He's sending the troops out," she sighed. I nodded knowing she must have heard the rumors. "Do you know when this will be?" she asked.

"No idea," I sighed. "I just don't want him to leave. It's not his fault he said the things he did. Well it is, but it wasn't right of King Desmond to react that way."

"The promises he made for when he is king?"

"That's why Harry's particular unit is going. He knows it, I know it." I brushed my fingers through my hair and crossed my legs. 

Trish then stood up and told me that we must get ready for the day. I apparently am spending the day with Queen Anne. It's not that I don't mind spending time with her, I have no problem with it, I just want to be by myself. In the palace it's a constant movement of pace. There is rarely a day where I get to sit back and relax. I am always so busy and it makes me want to take a break. Things have been happening so fast. I am learning to be someone's potential wife, a queen, and a good person. 

"Emerald, dear, are you alright?" Trish asked placing her hand on my shoulder. I was trying to get control of my breathing, it felt similar to when I had an asthma attack. Similar, but not the same. 

"Mum, should I get the nurse?" one of the girls asked.

"Yes, please do," she said and turned back to me. "Emerald, you need to relax."

"What's going on?" A woman asked, I saw your daughter running down the hall. "Is Emerald alright?"

"Yes, Queen Anne, I'm trying to get her relaxed. I believe she's hyperventilating, but the nurse would confirm this," Trish explained. "Emerald, try to breathe with me and relax." 

"Guards!" Queen Anne called. "Please retrieve my son."

"Yes Your Highness," one of them nodded ushering away. 

Trish ran her hand over my back trying to calm me down. I couldn't really hear them, my mind was humming with incessant thoughts about what could happen to Harry. I normally am not this kind of girl. The girl who needs a man to thrive, but he was my friend first and foremost. If I didn't have him here, I would feel lonely. He seemed to be the only one to know what it was that I was feeling. His kindness made me feel welcomed and I didn't have to be anyone but myself with him.