30| Recalling the Past

Song above- Jonas Brothers // Hesitate

Chapter 30| Recalling the Past

Amelia's POV:

The sparks.

The sparks were there, my biggest relief.

My heart still pumped in my chest loudly, and my breathing was still disarrayed. My fingers were numb from the way I had clutched onto my mate's shirt tightly, but it was my assurance that he was there. I was on top of him, with his arms wrapped tightly around my waist and his face in my hair.

Whimpering, I opened my eyes, my face still in his chest where I breathed his scent in. I was scared that everything was a beautiful lie. Nevertheless, I brought my head up to look at him.

I raked my eyes at his handsome yet angelic face, taking all of his features in. His strong jawline, which had light stubble forming on it shone in the moonlight along with his plump, pink lips and the tears that were dried on his face now. His eyes were closed, and I wished he'd open them so I could see into the wonders of that brown exotic beauty. His nose was thin and sharp, and I could feel the warmth radiating from his body to mine.

The mate bond is so beautiful. Just the idea that someone is made especially for you, it's so beautiful.

I was so stupid to throw it all away. And for what? Power? Money? Fame?

This man. I would risk everything for him.

My salvation.

My soulmate.

My love.

As if he heard my thoughts, he opened his eyes, his lips parting a little and my breath hitched in my throat. 

So beautiful. 

How was I able to deny this masterpiece?

He sobbed, and my heart plummeted to my stomach. So many people depend on him, how was he so selfish to just kill himself?

"Why?" I breathed out, basking in his embrace. 

"Mel." That word. Goddess. "I'm a monster."

A monster? I looked at him, still taking in his angelic features. Every inch of him screamed goodness and innocence. 

"If there's a monster in this universe," I started, taking a deep breath, "It would be the demons residing in our heads." He whimpered underneath me, closing his eyes.

"Why would you be so selfish, Dylan?" It wasn't fair of me to ask him this question since I was the selfish one to deny him of our connection, from the very start.

"You deserve better," He shrugged weakly, smiling a little.

"Wrong!" I snapped at him, glaring at him with cold eyes. 

"I deserve nothing. You deserve the whole universe. Dammit! I deserve to rot in hell for everything that I did, for everything that has happened to me, for ruining relationships! I have caused nothing but trouble to everyone. Everyone around me has suffered, one way or another! I don't even deserve to live!" By this time, tears were falling from my eyes and I furiously wiped them away. "I deserve to die. I don't deserve you, Dylan."

"You're probably wondering why I acted the way I did, right?" I breathed out shakily, mentally preparing myself to add salt to my wounds. I had never talked about my past to anyone so this was going to be a challenge.

"Mel," He cupped my face in one hand, forcing me to look at him. "You don't have to tell me if you don't want to. There's no pressure. I'm not forcing you."