29| Falling to his Death

Song Above- Avicii ft. ARIZONA // Hold The Line

Chapter 29. Falling to his Death

Amelia's POV:

Things were back to normal, finally. I was discharged form the hospital with some prescribed drugs and exercises, which I haven't done and have no intention of doing. It was such a relief being able to eat real food and sleep on a real bed. I was already getting sick of the constant smell of antiseptic.

It's funny how hospitals are filled with people having the best day of their life, the worst day of their life, their first day or their last day.

I didn't have the worse day. I had the worst week.

So, we were back in my penthouse. We, meaning me and Dylan. Everyone advised me to take him with me since he was, obviously, depressed and beating himself up for whatever happened. Hazel had consoled him multiple times but no luck. The best thing, they decided, was that I help him.

Michael was against the idea, arguing that it was my fault that he was in this place, to which I agreed, as harsh as it sounded. But Hazel explained the situation to him and it took him a while to calm down, but he did.

It also didn't take a genius for me to realize that my dear mate was ignoring me, which was extremely unusual. He would rarely to never get out of his room and had requested that all of his meals be brought there. He wouldn't even eat most of them. 

Yes, I was a little afraid of him, especially after he admitted to the fact that he still remembered everything that he had done and said. But I didn't want him to starve himself out. Food was vital for him, especially with his brain working into overdrive and his body still adapting. I didn't want him to die.

I told him multiple times that whatever happened was okay and that it was not his fault, yet he blamed himself for what happened, even having nightmares where he would wake up thrashing and crying and I'd take him in my embrace to calm him down. 

The pro of this was that he would get a good night's sleep. The con was that I wouldn't. 

I was getting behind on the work I needed to complete day by day, so I decided to take a week off and dropped all the work on my assistant.

If I don't get paid for being Dylan's personal psychiatrist, I'm going to kill a bitch.

Just kidding. 

"What do you mean they refuse? Don't you know about the shit that we had to go through? If I don't get this trial, I swear to Goddess...." I growled in the phone, making sure that my voice was doubled, indicating that my wolf was surfacing. With the money and the new-found passionate anger I had found withing me, it wasn't that hard to get people to do stuff for you and have them be at your beck and call.

"Sorry, m-ma'am, I'll just t-talk to them a-again, and I'll make s-sure-"

"It better be in my emails by tonight or else," I hissed, smirking when I heard the poor soul on the receiver gulp before I hung up. I would not have tormented him if he had just made some effort the first five times I had politely requested for this trial. It meant so much to me, and to the relationship I had with my mate.

I wanted to tell Dylan, but I figured that I should just let it be a surprise. 

Thinking of Dylan...maybe I should look for him. With the depressive state that he's in, I was afraid he would do something that neither of us would like.

Walking towards his room's door, I gently knocked on it, a habit that I had newly developed.

"Dylan?" I called out, knocking again, "Are you there?" 

A weird feeling filled my chest. My wolf was restless, an indication that something was wrong. She whined slightly and it alarmed me even more.

"Dylan?" I called again, my knocking more frequent. Seriously, who the hell invented knocking? I am hating that person now. 

"Shit, dammit!" I cursed, running my hand through my hair when I realized that the door was locked. Turning the knob again, I groaned, realizing that he actually locked it. 

"If I don't hear you say anything in the next ten seconds, I'm going to break this door open!" I warned. "Okay fine, you asked for it! One...two...three...fuck it!" 

The door jolted loudly because of the weight I inflicted on it. A wave of pain traveled from my shoulder to my body but I paid no heed to it, trying to get the door to break. 

"HELL!" Yelling, I hit it again, almost falling over when it broke finally. How is it that I managed to remove a toilet but not break a door? Oh yeah, after I had applied stronger doors in case Dylan went cray cray on me again. Look how badly that backfired.

"DYLAN!" Tears blurred my vision but I ignored them when I saw my mate, my future, my everything standing on the railing of the balcony, his arms wide open, his head back, looking like he was just about to jump. It didn't help that we were on the top floor of a 81 floors high building.

It all happened in one second, my heart pounding, all the voices blurred out when he opened his eyes, moisture prominent in them and sent me a small, broken smile. There were so many messages in that one smile. 

Take care, mate. I love you.

In the next second, his foot lifted and I gained my senses back.

Not today, you don't.

It all happened so fast, my body automatically ignored all the pain, running to him watching as both of his feet lifted, his body arching forward. 

Every second counts.

One second, my fingers grazed his back, sparks evident. 

Two seconds, I caught hold of one of his belt holes, curving my finger around it. 

Three seconds, I curved my arm around his torso, realizing that I wouldn't be able to pull him back on my own.

Four seconds, tears streamed down my face, realizing that I may have to let him go forever.

Five seconds, my wolf took control, growling at my thought and pulling him back just when my hands were starting to get loose.

Six seconds, I heard multiple snaps, indicating that his ribs may have broken.

Seven seconds, I heard a masculine groan, his groan, and threw him back on the balcony, his weight taking me with him.

Eight seconds, I rolled, coiling with his body and I held him like my life depended on it.

Nine seconds, I whimpered.

Ten seconds, I realized I need this man to live because I love him.

~*~

A/N: Amelia loves him! As in, actually loves himmm! Who else is excited? How do you think their relationship will play out? What will happen next? Lemme know your thoughts in the comments!

Would it be better if Dylan had jumped? Are you mad at him for being selfish? Or mad at Amelia for driving him that far in the first place? 

Will you ever forgive Amelia?

Don't forget to vote, comment and share!