26| Food Crisis

Chapter 26| Food Crisis

Amelia's POV:

"Luna," I addressed my ex-Luna who was sitting in the backseat with a baby in her hands. I figured that the baby was Bellona, the Alpha's daughter. I also noticed the fat tears that rolled down Hazel's cheek as she stifled a sob and cooed at her daughter.

The sound of a door slamming brought my attention to Michael, who looked furious from the way his jaw was clenched. He started the car and started driving on the empty road.

"Care to explain what happened?" My sass was not appreciated as Michael growled lowly, warning me. Locking gazes in the rear-view mirror, he flicked his eyes to Hazel and I got the message he was trying to convey.

Be mindful of my mate.

I nodded once, looking at Hazel and mustered a small smile. 

"That's a beautiful baby you got there," I winced at my small attempt of a compliment but it seemed as if it worked as Hazel's sobs slightly subsided.

"Yeah. Everyone says she looks like an Angel," She chuckled lightly, poking Bellona's nose lightly.

"Well," I leaned in, observing the little bundle of joy in Hazel's arms, "I think she looks like a Goddess, as she should because of her name." 

 The beaming smile on Hazel made my insides warm. Who knew I had a soft spot in her body? My eyes met with Michael's again and he nodded approvingly at me, a soft glint of pride in his eyes.

"Dylan put...the males from our Pack in a coma," Hazel started, sniffling slightly and I gasped out loud.

"What do you mean? How? Why?" My thoughts went haywire. I couldn't believe that my once oh-so-pure mate had put half of a Pack in a coma!

"He slipped past the borders unnoticed and stood on the stage in the middle of the grounds, proclaiming that he is going to kill every man that um, did the dirty with you. A few of the men laughed at him, but he just smirked and pulled out some type of smoke bomb, the gas of which immediately knocked down the men of the whole Pack," Hazel explained, staring out of the window as if she was in some sort of trance.

"What about you then?" I asked, referring her question towards Michael who shrugged and said, "I was out of the Pack for a meeting."

"Dylan disappeared right after. The smoke was still there so I mind-linked Michael and asked him to come ASAP wearing a gas mask. He was obviously confused but did not question it, probably because I was crying hysterically."

"I can't believe it," I whispered out loud, running my hand through my hair. I stared at the ground of the car, a million thoughts in my head. 

It's my fault. If I had not rejected him then maybe none of this would have happened. But I could not have just submitted to him. I have a job, a career, a reputation, heck, a life! 

"Where are we going now?" I asked.

"Before all the men were knocked out, they were hit by a pang of dizziness. One of the men in training was just about to shoot a target with his arrow, but because of his dizziness, he accidentally let go and skimmed Dylan's flesh."

"His blood," I figured, putting two and two together. 

"Correct, it was black like his eyes, and insanely freaky and we are going to the best doctor to see what happened to him," Michael nodded at me and I plopped my head against the window, shutting my eyes to think.

~*~

"I don't care where he is! Tell him that Michael Woods is here and demands to see him if he ever wishes to see daylight again!" All of the people in the lobby flinched at the tone and demeanor of Michael who looked angry as hell. He was an Alpha, meaning he had the highest effect on wolves but he intimidated humans as well.

Currently, he was asking for a doctor named as "Doctor Reynolds," who was, as Hazel had explained, a werewolf and one of the best doctors in the world.

"S-Sorry sir, I-I-I'll c-call Doctor and a-ask him t-to c-come right a-away!" The meek little receptionist said, turning to her phone with her body trembling profusely. Before she could dial his number, the door burst open and there stood a doctor wearing a lab coat who I assumed was Doctor Reynolds.

"Let's go," The doc said, taking quick strides to a room and they followed suit.

"I'd like to examine the arrow," Doctor said, and Michael put the bag that had the arrow in his hands. He opened the zip, pulling the arrow out as if it was some sort of holy sword. Next, he walked to a cupboard and pulled out some things. He used a sort of scraper to pull off some blood off of it and put it on a slide, placing the slide under the microscope.

My stomach started grumbling loudly, reminding me that I hadn't eaten anything for almost a day. Everyone turned their heads to look at me to which I scoffed and said, "I'm part human. This is natural."

"Here," Hazel extended her hand which had some dollar bills and some cents in it. I remembered that in my daze I had forgotten to pick some money. Hesitating a little, I took the bills from her hand and quickly rushed out, "I'll pay you back."

I didn't give her a chance to deny or say anything because I dashed out of the room in search of the cafeteria or the vending machine. Lucky for me, I could read the signs and I saw a vending machine in the cafeteria. 

Scrunching her nose when I was reminded of how bland and mushy the hospital's food is, I walked towards the vending machine.

I put one of the bills inside but it just came back out. Mindlessly, I pushed it back inside, making it come back out again. Scrunching my face, I glared at the dollar, pushing it back with a little force which didn't work as it came back out.

A groan left my lips as I flailed my arms in the air. A chuckle sounded behind me but I didn't turn to look around. I was tired and hungry and in no mood of entertaining men.

"Maybe you should try to flip it and put it in," The voice said which sounded as if the owner was Russian. Nevertheless, I followed his advice and...the dollar went in.

My lips turned to a beaming smile. Food always had that effect on me. I quickly pushed some buttons, choosing a bag of chips which fell in the small compartment down below and I bent to pick it up. Opening it, I put a chip in her mouth, moaning at the taste.

"What? Not for me?" The same voice asked and I rolled her eyes. Turning around, I extended my hand which had the bag in it. Instead of grabbing the bag, the person grabbed my hand and a gasp escaped my lips when I looked up, not expecting to see my mate with his pitch black eyes, smiling bitterly at me.

"Missed me?"

~*~

A/N: SHERLOCK FANS WHERE YOU GUYS AT?!?!?!

Hehe okay sorry. 

Thoughts on this chapter? Do you think what Dylan did was justified? Do you guys want a chapter with Dylan's POV next or nah? 

Don't forget to vote, comment and share!