24. Escaping Death

Chapter 24. Escaping Death

"When was the last time you saw Dylan?" Amelia blurted out, not wasting time in beating around the bush. She didn't know at what time Dylan would be back home. She should not have cared, but the way he warned her made her feel really intimidated. She knew he changed, and it wasn't a good change, either. She was starting to feel afraid around him, and she didn't want to know what would happen if his buttons were pushed.

"Dylan?" Michael rose a brow, looking at her incredulously. She knew what he was thinking about; that why is she asking about a guy whose death wouldn't even make her look back? "About a month ago. Why?" 

"Mr. Woods, Dylan came to you in his time of distress. Am I right?" Amelia asked, and Michael gave her a stern nod, "That's correct."

"Your reputation and your ways before you found your mate weren't the best. You were known as the world's sexiest bachelor, with a heart of stone who ditched his girlfriends like piece of rags after using them," Amelia continued, noticing the way he glared at her when she finished.

"I don't see how this relates to anything," Michael growled, but Amelia paid no heed to it.

"You knew all the tactics on how to wrap a girl around your finger. And you taught those to Dylan." The confused look on Michael's face dropped her self-esteem a bit, so she cleared her throat.

"Did you also teach him to abuse his mate?" She asked lowly, and Michael snarled.

"Of course not! I would never teach him that! And regarding what you said earlier, I tried to teach Dylan everything. Emphasis on tried. He wasn't having any of it. He said that he doesn't want to change, so I gave up and left to focus on my family and Pack! I didn't contact him afterwards, neither did he," Michael snarled at her, glaring daggers at her.

"Then, what happened to him?" She didn't want those words to come out as a whisper. She wanted to appear strong but Goddess knew deep down that she was breaking inside.

"What happened? Tell me everything and don't miss out any detail." It seemed strange talking to your ex-Alpha as if he was your therapist but still, Amelia told him everything. She even showed him the marks on her wrist and his threats from before.

"Seems like a you problem," Michael stated coolly, and Amelia looked at him, surprised.

"Huh?" She asked, not believing what he said.

"It seems like your problem. You left him and he went insane. Miss Anderson, I think that you're the problem. And I don't think that I have anything to do with it, so I won't try to poke my nose in it, either. Now if you're done, then excuse me, I have work to do," He dismissed her arrogantly.

"You don't understand. Your Pack could be in danger!" She exclaimed, her mind running at 101 miles per second.

"Oh?" He raised a brow at her, "And I suppose that's because you would have something to do with it, right? Miss Anderson, you can show to the media that you have changed. You can buy presents for orphans, read stories to the unfortunate kids in the cancer ward, even have a hospital built, and people will buy it. But not me. People like you do not change. Once a slut, always a slut," He hissed at her, his voice dripping with venom. "So don't come here in my office with your fake stories. Get out, now."

Blinking at him once or twice, she looked in his eyes and saw the hate and accusations swirling in them. With a nonchalant face and a nod, she stood up from the chair and walked out.

~*~

"Baby, I'm home!" Amelia closed her eyes when she heard his voice. She was just about to strip from her clothes and take a shower to get rid of the smells that her body had absorbed. With his enhanced smelling sense, he would definitely be able to tell that she had stepped out from her home.