18. First Kiss

Chapter 18. First Kiss

~Two updates in one day! My squad, where you guys at? XD~

Dylan heard the soft sob escaping from his mate's mouth before he whipped his head up and looked at the fat tears that rolled down her face. She looked so vulnerable, with her puffy eyes, snot and tears running down her face, smudging all her makeup and her shoulders shaking slightly. At the moment, she looked nothing like the perfect, composed woman she had captured for her Instagram. She looked broken, fragile, and she looked like a mess. 

Dylan's blood boiled, and he felt pure anger after a very long time. He wanted blood, more specifically, the blood of the person who did this to her. He wanted to kill, murder, slash and claw the person's throat out.

Of course, he saved those thoughts for later, and stood up, closing his laptop to console his mate.

"What's wrong?" He asked, standing in front of her, as he debated whether or not to hold her. He hadn't properly held her in two months, those two painful months where his mate was stolen from him. Thankfully, he didn't have to make the first move, as she slowly eased her arms around his waist, and buried her face in his chest. Holding her like this felt like heaven, like pure bliss. His heart was screaming with euphoria, and he sniffed her scent.

"He cheated on me," She whisper-sobbed, and those four words produced gory images in Dylan's mind. Images of him skinning that piece of shit alive.

"I'll kill him," He growled out, his eyes glaring daggers everywhere his gaze landed on. But, they softened when she sobbed more loudly.

"Oh, baby," He cooed at her, tightening his arms around her as he gently sat them down on the couch. Unfortunately, he slipped and landed on the couch, with Amelia straddling his lap.

Hell!

Her soft pelvis hit his hard on, and he groaned lowly. She didn't seem to care about his raging hard on, she just wanted comfort in her mate's arms.

"He didn't deserve you, Mel," He tried to confront her, wiping away her tears using the pad of his thumbs. "No one deserves your tears, love."

Hearing that, Amelia's sobs subsided. He was right. She had had much terrible experiences than Carter. Why was she crying? She wasn't in love. And, true love doesn't even exist. It's just a four letter words made by drunken poets for naive twelve year olds.

We're adults, and adults betray, cheat and lie all the time. We just need to learn to move on and focus on our goal, pushing away all obstacles that stand in our way.

"Thank you, Dylan," She smiled, burying her face in his chest again, and placed a breathy kiss at his chest. He shivered, yet he ran his hands through her hair. 

Amelia opened her eyes and smiled at him, observing him thoroughly. He didn't have any indication of lust in his eyes, only adoration and pride. He wasn't embarrassed or disgusted with her. He was just grateful that she was his mate. There were no accusations in his eyes, only happiness. 

While she was reading his face, he hesitatingly leaned forward, kissing her forehead lightly. Her smile grew wider and she felt the sparks travelling all over her body. 

Noticing that his thighs might numb from her weight, she swung her legs and settled beside him on the couch, her thighs on his and her feet dangling. One of her hands was on his chest, and the other was around his torso. 

"What's this for?" She questioned curiously, picking up a small plate with a chocolate cupcake on top. It had chocolate frosting and little multi-colored sprinkles on it.