15| Heat {M}

Chapter 15. Heat {Mature}

"Should I wear this?" She held out a white colored plain V- neck asymmetrical Hem Bandage dress for her judge to see. "Or this," The next dress was a black colored dress, with a bra top. She was sure that it would showcase her curves perfectly.

Her judge, or Dylan, frowned at both dresses. He didn't like the idea of anyone else seeing what was rightfully for his eyes only and he didn't like the fact that his mate was going out with someone that wasn't him. But he quickly replaced his frown with a smile.

Her happiness is important than mine.

"That one," He nodded at the black dress, making Amelia squeal with delight. Throwing the dresses on the couch, she ran to him and hugged him in a friendly way. "We're so alike! It's no wonder why we're best friends!" Dylan didn't know whether to be happy that she hugged him, or offended that she friend-zoned him.

Even though there was about an inch space between them, Dylan's body responded to her touch. Sparks traveled throughout his body, particularly to the centre of his male anatomy. He didn't understand why his body had to turn a simple, friendly gesture into something so sexual. His hands twitched to just reach out and feel her, touch her, all of her.

Startled and disgusted with himself, his shaking fingers reached for her arms that were wrapped around him, removing them. He took a step back to increase the distance between them, and gave her a nervous smile, trying hard not to let his emotions show. His traitorous gaze traveled from her face, to her lips, her shoulders and her breasts. All he wanted to do was rip off her top and suck her nubs, taking her to the point of ecstasy.

Even more disgusted, Dylan turned around, his back facing Amelia. His body shivered profusely, a sweat breaking at the nape of his neck. He brought his hand up to wipe him, his brows furrowing when he caught sight of the excess sweat glistening on it. The suit he was wearing suddenly felt like ropes knotted to bound his limbs in the most torturous manner. With a gasp, he removed the tie, his coat following after. He kicked off his shoes, his fingers working hurriedly to get rid of his shirt.

A wave of pain had him falling to his knees, like a slave asking for mercy from a king after committing a deadly sin. He indeed felt like a slave, the way the pain had him falling on his knees so fast. His body burned everywhere, to the point that the tears spilling down his cheeks seemed to evaporate instantly due to the hotness of his skin.

"You're in heat," Amelia's soft voice was a like a gentle caress on the pain, a lick to the wounds. But as soon as it came, it went and Dylan failed to stop the cry escaping his mouth.

"Why are you in heat? You said you weren't a virgin!" Amelia exclaimed, nevertheless, helping him up on his feet and taking him to the bathroom. Dylan sought refuge in her feminine scent and in her touch, that comforted him and decreased his pain a little. Amelia sat him on the edge of the bathtub, filling it with ice cold water.

With his head in his hands, he ignored the pain for a split second to think. Why did I have to be a virgin? Better yet, why did I have to be a werewolf? Dylan had been in heat before, but none of them were this intense. He concluded that it may be because of the fact that he hadn't properly met or known his mate before.

An insecurity that had been clawing at his chest finally surfaced, 'What if she leaves me for a more experienced man, for good?' He knew that he was slowly losing her, like a thread of silk so fine, that it was slipping right out of his rough fingers. But, she had promised to stay. Even if it was as friends. What if she rejects me as her mate? Why hasn't she rejected me yet?

The thought of rejection brought a whole new wave of pain, more intense than before. A shriek escaped his lips that had Amelia looking at him with concerned eyes. Her blue eyes had a tint of red in them, indicating that her wolf was trying to get out and take control. Dylan's scent was too alluring for her, that she feared she might do something he would regret.