25. A Step Further

Chapter 25. A Step Further

Amelia's POV:

Running away from the place I called home seemed oddly familiar. I wasn't exactly sure how I survived the fall, but it wasn't the first time death had let me go. It seemed as if even death was scared of me, and had made an agreement with Satan to not kill me. My unruly hair thrashed wildly around my face and I was sure that her makeup was smudged because of the tears that streamed down my face, despite me constantly wiping them away.

Or maybe not because all the makeup that I buy is waterproof. SIKE!

Well, at least I looked good. If I died, my makeup wouldn't be messy and wouldn't unintentionally torment anyone who looks at me.

'You barely escaped death and you're thinking about your makeup?' My wolf asked, scoffing in my head.

'What? I need to look good even if I'm running away from a psychotic killer. I've a reputation to uphold,' I replied in disbelief. People stared strangely at me but I was thankful that I had werewolf speed, so I just whizzed past them, not giving them an opportunity to look at my face. 

I soon reached a small park which looked deserted because there were no people inside. The swings and slides were broken, the only sound was of the wind rustling the trees and the grass.

I grinned. The perfect place.

Walking inside the broken entrance, I plopped my butt on one of the benches present there. I looked down, grimacing when I saw that I ran throughout New York in my bathroom slippers. 

A sigh left my lips and my shoulder slumped. I wish Dylan had told me before that he was going to kill me. I would have changed into appropriate attire.

I couldn't help but not think of Dylan. There had to be some reason of why he was behaving the way he was. Hopefully, that reason also correlates with why his eyes are pitch black. A part of me wanted to solve his mystery but a part of me was like why even bother?

'Because he's going to kill you if you don't solve it.' My mouth formed an 'O' when I realized that the part of me that wanted to uncover his secrets was from my wolf.

I hated to admit it but my wolf was right. If I don't try to find out what happened to my oh-so-precious mate then he would most definitely kill me, or harm me in a critical way. 

My nose twitched remembering the strange scent that he reeked of. I desperately wanted to remember what it was but her memory went blank. It was like trying to read...whilst suffering from dyslexia. 

Sighing again, I came to the conclusion that I would not be able to find out what happened to him unless I talk to him like civilized people, minus the silver coated knife and the crazy eyes. I took a deep breath, inhaling the scent of manure somewhere and my face scrunched.

Ewww!

Okay, I definitely need to get out of here.

~*~

"Hello?" My voice quivered when I opened the door to my penthouse and peeked my head in. Didn't this guy know that all of my precious belongings were in here? He could have at least locked it.

"Is anyone in here?" I asked stupidly, as if her killer would scream out, "Oh yes, darling, I'm in the kitchen making a sandwich! Do you want one? I could make you one before I kill you."

I lifted her chin and took a deep breath. The scent of Dylan was there but it was very faint meaning that he had left. Quickly rushing inside, I locked all her doors and windows and even closed the blinds. It was already night, the sun had went down so there was no point in keeping the blinds open anyways.