19. Leaving her Mate

Chapter 19. Leaving her Mate

Kissing has a symbolic meaning attached to it. 

Most people, including Amelia, think that kissing is just a mere way to start off a wild night, a temporary binding of the bodies, a small gesture to fulfill each other's needs. It's just a kiss, right? There's nothing wrong with kissing someone, and one shouldn't expect anything from just a kiss.

Right?

'What is the value of a kiss?' Amelia typed from her phone's keyboard in the search box, partially scared for the exposure of the truth that she had buried deep down in her heart. Multiple articles popped up in bold, blue font, and she clicked on one which seemed like an article.

'A kiss is a symbol of love, affection, and giving part of yourself to another.

When I get a kiss from my beautiful little niece, I am overwhelmed with how much I love and want to protect this tiny little girl. When I kiss a friend in need of comfort on the forehead I'm showing them that I care and I'm there for them. When I kiss the man I love, I'm giving him a sign of affection, admiration, and attraction.

I spent years battling or flat out ignoring this truth. I honestly couldn't tell you the number of guys that I kissed—it didn't matter to me at the time. But once I found the man who showed me how treasured a kiss should be, I wished more than anything I could go back.'

I wished more than anything that I could go back.

Yes, if Amelia had a time machine, she would go back to the time when she kissed him to feel that feeling again. Sometimes we wish to have a time machine, not to change shit, but to feel some shit twice.

She would go back because she was carefree, not thinking about what tomorrow would bring. She was happy, and was living her best life. She felt comfort, and secure, like she was at home. Yes, he was her home, but the fact should be kept in mind that even children leave their homes when they turn eighteen. 

She didn't know that she would feel so scared of the emotions that were overlapping her conscience. She kissed him to get him out of her system, but the thought of him intensified with that one simple kiss. She realized that she was highly dependant on him, he was her world, her everything. It all felt too good to be true. A person cannot have everything in life, especially if that person is as sinful as Amelia. Good things are meant to be for good people only. Sinners like her don't deserve them.

So, she planned on letting the good things go before they show their true colors. It's better to avoid the virus, rather than trying to cure it later with medicine. It's better to be cautious, rather than being hurt afterwards. And consoling herself with those words, she drank the blue colored potion that was in the bottle in her hand. A potion that would break him, but it is the best for him.

"Hey, Mel," Dylan's exuberant voice resonated in the hallway and she took in a deep breath. He was gone for some sort of meeting for a week, the day after they shared that kiss and seeing him again brought unwanted feelings, like always.

"Stop," Amelia stood up from the couch, putting her palm up to stop him from coming closer. He stopped immediately, his eyebrows furrowed and his face disgruntled in confusion, unlike Amelia's nonchalant face.

"What happened? Did I do something wrong?" Dylan rambled, running his hand through his hair. It was obvious that he had showered and she could tell because of his wet hair, and he looked fresh and sinfully handsome wearing just a gray shirt and black jeans.

"You need to see something," Amelia said, walking to him in fast strides. He was about to ask what but she planted her lips forcefully on his, allowing him to look into her memories.