22. Possessive Mate

Chapter 22. Possessive Mate

"You did great!" Ava giggled and Miranda, along with other models, nodded in approval. When the show ended, Amelia was stopped from running away from her mate because of the giggling girls who threw her compliments on her performance here and there. Amelia just tried her best to keep the smile on her face and not pass out on the spot. She avoided meeting gazes with Dylan as best as she could, which was hard as he was burning holes at the side of her head.

"By the way," Ava whispered to Amelia, "Who was that hot guy and why were you so terrified seeing him?" She asked, and Amelia's wolf growled when she heard her call her mate "hot."

"Ladies," The voice she dreaded called out and every head turned to look at him, except Amelia's. "As much as I enjoy all of you boasting my girl, I'm afraid I have to take it from here," Dylan's confident voice stated and Amelia stared at him as if he grew two heads. 

Did he really change? If Amelia put former Dylan in his place then she was sure as hell that he would never have mustered the courage to speak out. And he called me his girl!

Before she knew it, all the girls parted a way for him who walked towards her with long, powerful strides, unlike the Dylan before. He gently grabbed hold of her wrist, tugging her away and she followed him, probably because she was too shocked to do anything about it.

"I missed you." The husky undertone the voice held made her shiver a little bit, along with the tingles and sparks that traveled through her body while being in his embrace. She didn't notice when or how but Dylan had brought her to the car parking which was now empty and she was in his arms. His arms were wrapped tightly around her waist and his face was buried in her neck, breathing heavily. She took a deep breath, and pushed him away lightly giving him a silent message which he understood.

"You're really here," She whispered, forgetting who she was and who she was with. Her hand caressed his cheek without her consent and her eyes roamed around her face for confirmation. He took her hand and pressed light kisses on her fingers nevertheless maintaining her gaze. 

Amelia gasped when she saw that his eyes were pitch black, indicating...what exactly? If his wolf were in control then his eyes would have been green, since his wolf eyes were green. Why were his eyes black?

"Your eyes..." She whispered, and the small smile on his face turned into a frown.

"Did you really have to ruin a pleasant evening by saying that? Can't you just enjoy it?!" His voice went a few octaves high and Amelia flinched, not expecting this from him. What the hell...?

"Let's just go," He released her, walking to his car and sat in the driver's seat, slamming the door shut. Amelia stood there dumbfounded and he honked his horn at her. Finally getting hold of her senses, she crossed her arms over her chest and glared at him for being so rude, something that she never thought she would ever have to do in a million years.

"C'mon!" He yelled at her from inside, honking again but she just shouted a "No!" back.

Growling, he opened the car door, coming out of it and standing where Amelia was. He glared at her, pure fury showing in his pitch black eyes. It almost made her feel intimidated. Keyword: Almost.

"Mate," He growled, roaming his eyes over her body, "Come inside the car now, or else there will be consequences," He snarled, stepping forward that Amelia had to step back to put distance in between them.

"What type of consequences?" Amelia asked, and his lips turned into a smirk.

"Consequences that you won't like," He stated, stepping forward again, "But I most definitely will."