16. The Sound of Heartbreak

Song above- PLÜM - Help Me

Chapter 16. The Sound of Heartbreak

"This is nice," Amelia commented, wearing a black dress that reached her mid thigh. It had a bra top along with it to complete the look, which she paired with black heels and a black clutch. Her makeup was done to perfection; smokey eyes and red bold matte lipstick. Using her index finger, she flicked away a stray blond lock away from her eyes to let them roam around the fancy Italian restaurant, a sense of belonging filling her to the brim. Most women would cower away, feeling intimidated in the presence of people with high power, but not Amelia. She knew that she was a Queen, and a Queen doesn't settle for less.

Well, every woman is a Queen, it just takes longer for them to identify themselves as one. The perks of being a slut, maybe.

"Indeed. It's rumored that you have to wait for months to get a reservation," Her date bragged. "Luckily, I was able to get it with just a snap of my fingers," He snapped his fingers, a waiter scurrying to his side.

"I just love a man with power," She grinned, sipping onto the wine that the waiter had poured in her glass. Apparently, her date, whose name was Carter, had already ordered for them as she was a little late.

"So, tell me, Alpha Carter," She purred out his name seductively, watching as his lips turned into a devious smirk. "What made you ask me out for a date?"

"It would have been a shame if I hadn't asked little-miss-troublemaker," He grinned, and she giggled. "I've heard stories about you, but I wanted to see if they were true." 

"What stories?" She drawled out flirtily, leaning forward on the table. 

"Come home with me tonight, and I'll show you," He smirked, leaning forward too, and tilting his head up cockily. All the cells in her body became alive at the thought of getting laid. Being celibate for so long had its disadvantages.

But then, all her thoughts were washed away when a familiar face sneaked its way into her mind. An extremely familiar face with brown locks, similar brown eyes that glowed in the sunlight like pools of honey, plump lips, and an innocent smile on his face. "I can't, I have a mate. It would kill him," She replied nonchalantly, leaning back to her original position. 

For some unknown reason, the thought of Dylan being killed brought a wave of pain to Amelia. One that she did not welcome. It brought confusion and doubt with it, too. 

Carter sighed, sipping on his drink. "I do, too," He said, and Amelia looked at him with curiosity.

"You do?" She asked, just for confirmation, and he nodded.

"Oh," Amelia responded, a little hurt on the inside, even though she shouldn't be. That's what she was, right? A slut. A sidechick. A mistress. Never the first option. Never in her entire life had anyone chosen her as the first option. The men always say that they'll be with her forever but in their twisted dictionary, forever lasts until they find their own mates. 

"Excuse me, for a minute. I need to head out to the washroom," Carter smiled at her apologetically, and she just waved her hand, smiling back, an indication that it was fine. 

She was pulled out of her own thoughts by a loud clatter of forks hitting the polished floor, followed by an angry voice screaming, "YOU SLUT!" For a moment, Amelia thought that the voice was directed towards her since that adjective had been like her middle name for so long, but when she swished around to see, she noticed that there were two angry women, standing face to face, their eyes glaring daggers at each other.

They both appeared to be in their twenties, with their faces caked in makeup, and wore skimpy dresses, and were both oblivious to the man who sat cockily on the chair, with one of his legs crossed, as he stared at them amusingly.