3| That Spellbinding Scent

Chapter 3| That Spellbinding Scent

Dylan's POV:

"You look so beautiful, my Luna," Michael drawled out huskily, while staring at his pregnant mate from a distance. Hunger and desire for devouring his mate was evident in his eyes, and I blushed on Michael's behalf. 

Hazel was wearing a white heart shaped neckline dress which was loose at her stomach to avoid pressure on it, her hair flowed down in curls, and she wore light makeup, making her look absolutely breathtaking. Even though she was this prepossessing, I never felt any type of attraction towards Hazel, and the relationship we had was purely like that of siblings. 

Still, I would sometimes use pick-up lines on her, just to tease Michael and boy, did he get mad.

"No, I look fat. And bloated. And weird. Like a whale. Like putting on a white cloth on a whale-" Her words were cut off by her yelp, because Michael pulled her to his chest by her waist.

"You don't look like a whale. You look like a princess. A Luna. A Goddess," Michael said with sincerity, and kissed her passionately. I averted my eyes away from the couple, partially because I was grossed out, and partially to avoid the heartache that was building up.

I puffed my cheeks with air, and then exhaled, looking at the black limo that was standing a few steps away from us, which was to take us to our destination. I then looked at the couple for a split second, then at the seconds hand on my wrist-watch, then back at the couple which was oblivious to their surroundings, and sucking each other's faces like mosquitoes suck blood out of a person.

Well, that's my cue.

Clearing my throat and purposely coughing loudly, I looked at the couple, and saw that it did the trick. Michael was glaring at me, while Hazel's cheeks were red with embarrassment, with her face hiding in his chest.

"Well, would you look at the time? Let's go!" I cheered nervously due to Michael's glare, proceeding to sit in the backseat of the limo.

"No. You sit at the front," Michael said, pushing me back lightly, and pointed towards the passenger seat.

"But, why? There's candies at the back," I pouted, but Michael paid no heed to it. Seeing that Michael wouldn't give in, I huffed and got in at the front seat. I greeted Sebastian, Michael's chauffeur and we all went off.

"Hey, can you pass me the candies and the-" A moan cut me off, and I gagged when I found out it was Hazel's. A few seconds later, the divider between the front and the back seat pulled up and I knew I would not be getting that candy through any way.

"Guess it's just you and me now," I smiled at Sebastian, who chuckled back.

~*~

I beamed at the decorated mansion when I realized that everything was in its rightful place. Even the strings of the violins playing were perfect and that was how it was supposed to be.

Perfect.

The perfect place for mates to meet for the first time. The perfect place where I would also meet my mate for the first time. Well, I hoped I would get to meet my mate here. I inwardly prayed again before stepping in.

Just as I stepped inside, something bumped my shoulder, like a gust of wind to which I groaned, and whipped my head to see Scarlet, Hazel's best friend, crushing her limbs in a hug. I also saw Gavin, Scarlet's mate and fist bumped with him, before hugging his back in a manly way. Gavin and I were pretty close as I was once temporary Alpha of the Water Pack with Gavin working as one of the Pack warriors, before he was promoted as the head by me.