12| Disowned

Chapter 12| Disowned

Dylan's POV:

After that whole scenario, we both managed to hail a cab, as I was still drunk and wasn't exactly designated driver material at the time. Even though I was pretty bummed about Amelia not wanting him, I was still happy to know that she was willing to give me a chance, even if it was only as friends. 

I knew that it would take a lot of trust between us before she finally starts accepting me as her mate, and what's a better way to build that trust, other than as friends? It's the reason why best friends have so much chemistry between them, and can understand each other at a whole new level, a level that lovers cannot reach. It is the reason why most relationships fail these days; people jump straight to the "love" step, overlooking the "friendship" step that comes before it.

I had made up my mind that I would give her the space and freedom she wanted, whilst trying to win her heart through my charming ways. I couldn't tie her to a leash, ordering her to be mine and still expect her to miraculously fall for me. She's my mate, not a dog. Mates are equal and thus, deserve to be treated equally. Both genders are equal to each other. It's true that there are some things men can do that women cannot, but there are also other things that women can do, and men cannot. Therefore, they equalize each other. 

I was wise, and knew better than to intentionally do some damage, and then cure it. It's better to avoid doing the damage, as it would save you from having to look for the cure, too.

Upon reaching his penthouse, I, who was feeling the after-effects of that alcohol, quickly opened up one of the guest rooms there and fixed up the bed sheets. I was glad that he didn't drink a lot, otherwise he would have been dead drunk. Who knows what drunk Dylan is like?

From inside my pant pocket, I felt something vibrate. I reached inside and pulled out my mobile phone, the latest I-phone which Michael had gifted to me after feeling pity on my old Nokia's 3310 version. Michael had told me countless times to buy a new phone, but I would just brush it off saying that I didn't need it.

Besides, that phone could surpass the strength of Thor's hammer.

I chuckled, and connected the call, placing it on my ear.

"Hello. You've reached Dylan Rodriguez, co-CEO of Woods Enterprises. How may I help you?"

"Dylan..."

"Mom?!" Guilt immediately hit me like a firetruck. I had forgotten to call his mom ever since I was kicked out from the Pack. I am such a jerk!

"We heard the whole fiasco that happened," my mom nonchalantly said. There was no 'how are you?' or 'how is your mate?' 

"Mom, I'm sorry! I wanted to tell you, but I was just occupied with some stuff-"

"You are no longer my son." Hearing those words, my jaw dropped open and my eyes widened. A strange feeling coursed through my body, or maybe I was just too stuck in his daze to acknowledge it.

"What?" I mumbled, making sure I heard correctly.

"You dumped away your whole hard work, your father's hard work, your family's hard work, and for what?" She scoffed. "For a SLUT! I cannot even believe you! I cannot even believe that I raised such a stupid boy! How many blowjobs did that whore give you for you to willingly ditch your title, huh?!" Her voice was firm, and every word was like a slap to my face. She could have just slapped him, that would have been better than hearing her say this.

Does she really think so lowly of me?

"Never mind. Just- don't call me, or look up for me. I am ashamed of you, and you are no longer my son." With that, I heard the dial tone, the phone slipping out of my fingers, landing on the floor with a thud.