21. Romeo and Juliet

Chapter 21. Romeo and Juliet

6 more months later...

"Miss Anderson!" The voice called out the already frustrated blonde, who heaved a sigh and braced herself for yet another setback. "The lead actors just called. They said that they can't come because they got a bigger opportunity," Her secretary said in a rushed tone, and Amelia sighed again.

"Can you act?" Amelia asked her secretary, who responded with wide eyes and a blush on her brown face.

"No, ma'am," She murmured, "Will you be playing the female role?" She further asked and Amelia nodded, glaring at the ground. It was the first donation event she was managing, and things were way out of control. She regretted not listening to Miranda when she suggested to hire an event manager who are experts at their job. With the kind of money Amelia had, no doubt she could have hired the best of the best but Amelia liked playing with fire. However, this was a fire that she was having difficulty in controlling.

The acting plus singing part was the most difficult one where the singers had to dance and act like they were in a movie scene, like Troy and Gabriella in High School Musical whilst performing "A Night to Remember." She could play the female role, as she had seen the lead actors rehearse about a thousand times to know what she had to do at what time. But the male role? That was different.

"The second lead singer is a male, so I would not have fitted in that category even if I could sing or ask one of the models backstage to sing," Her secretary stated and Amelia's heart dropped further. She was about to open her mouth to suggest cancelling that part- even though they had included it in the list- but her secretary beat her to it.

"I think, I may know someone who would sing for us," She said with gleaming eyes and rushed out before Amelia could ask who. The alarm on her Android watch started ringing and she turned it off as she went backstage with immense faith in her secretary.

"The show's starting in a minute! Where's the host?" Amelia yelled as all eyes turned to her. A familiar face appeared in front of her and Amelia ushered her to the front. 

~*~

"What happened?" Amelia asked her secretary in a hushed tone, her face etched in worry and confusion which increased when her secretary smirked.

"Don't worry, ma'am. Everything is under control. All you have to do is go on stage and play the female role." She eyed Amelia to nod approvingly when she saw that Amelia had already changed into the dress that Juliet was supposed to wear- a white simple V-neck dress with an open back that reached the floor underneath. Her feet were bare, and she wore a flower crown on top of her head with her blonde hair straight and cascading down to her waist. She also wore bangles and a white necklace to complete the look of a pure, innocent angel- the opposite of what she actually was.

 She also wore bangles and a white necklace to complete the look of a pure, innocent angel- the opposite of what she actually was

"But what about the male role?" Amelia asked, and her secretary smirked more. Amelia made sure that the collar mike she was wearing was off, because if it were on then the whole event would end up being embarrassing for her.