34

Calum

~~~~~~

It was a little while later when the bathroom door re-opened and he looked up at her from where he was sitting on the bed, noticing how red and puffy her eyes had become knowing that he was the cause of it all, but unaware of the fact that some of it was due to the drugs that lay behind the bathroom mirror.

He couldn't bring himself to leave, although a part of him wanted to, the other part was concerned as to what may have become of her if he did.

She looked at him surprised, not believing that he would have still been there.

"You're still here?" Her voice came out croaky as she sniffled and wiped her eyes with the back of her hand.

"Yeah...i guess i am." He shrugged looking up at her sympathetically.

"Why?" She asked angrily, forming her eyes into slits. "It's not like you believe me."

He stood up off the bed and began walking towards her only causing her to back away to him.

"I never said i don't believe you i jus-"

"You just what? Choose to listen to everyone else except from me even after everything that i've told you about me, after everything that you know i've been through." Fresh tears began lining the surface of her eyes, she was hurt beyond words.

He tried to argue back but of course she cut him off, needing to get her point across.

"How could you think that after everything.....even after i told you how i felt about you, how could you think that i'm a liar?" Tears fell down her cheeks and all he could do was watch, being silenced by it all.

"You know what, here." She said, moving around to the side of the bed and reaching underneath it to pull out all of the clothes that were neatly positioned under there.

"Take it, just take it all take everything i don't care." She cried, throwing all of the clothes he had bough for her back at him as more tears stained her cheeks.

"Take it all back, all of it. I don't want the money i don't want anything, i don't...i don't want you i don't want this just take it, take it." She yelled as he dodged the items she was throwing at her, raising his arms up to shield himself.

"Shannel stop." But his words were drowned out by her ones.

"Stop, Shannel, Stop, Stop it." He fought back, walking towards her as he tried to grab her arms in order to prevent her from throwing more at him, but she kept resisting and soon gave him a hard smack across his face, similar to the sensation he had felt from when they first met.

Everything fell silent.

Calum looked away, wincing as he brought a hand up to massage his stinging cheek whilst she just stood there with tears falling from her eyes, her mind pounding and spiralling in different directions.

Looking back at her he clenched his jaw, suddenly becoming very pissed off from the smack he had just received. Their eyes fought against each others for a brief moment before he noticed her back down after seeing how angry he had become.

It was as if she wanted to apologise for what she had done, but did not know how to. On removing his hand from his throbbing cheek he instantly noticed her jolt back as the smallest gasp escaped her lips and her eyes grew wide, suddenly fearful of him.

"I......" She stuttered, almost afraid to speak.

"I would do anything for you....i would do anything just to be with you, how can you think that i'm using you?" She cried, as her breaths became hiccupy.

"You can take everything back, take the whole damn room if you want to, i'll leave. None of this matters to me as long as i have you, just you, not that famous guy that has all the money..but..you....Calum......I love you.....i just want you to believe me." She pleaded.

"If i could tear my own heart out and put it in your hand i would." She said, taking his hand in hers and placing it on her chest for him to feel her beating heart.

"I would take a bullet for you without thinking twice, i would....i would take on the whole damn world if you asked me to, that's how much you mean to me. Calum you've given me everything that i never thought i would ever have and there aren't enough words or emotions possible to explain how much you mean to me...." She began to sob and he felt instantly awful for what he had put her through.

"I cant make you believe me.... all i can do.........is this." She leaned in and gently placed her lips on his at such as slow pace it was as if time stopped. Both of them closed their eyes and he felt the warm water of her tears graze his cheek before they pulled away.

"I'm not asking for the world." She shrugged, shaking her head. "Just you."

Silence had consumed them all over again.

She brought her hand up to wipe her tears away, but he took over, placing her hand down and brushing her tears away with his thumb before placing his lips back against hers slowly. She inhaled deeply, wrapping her arms around his neck and combing her fingers back through his hair a feeling that both of them seemed to love.

In that moment, his mind was made up.

In his eyes, she looked too honest to be lying to him, she had just poured her heart out right in front of him, which he knew was hard for her to do. If she was lying then hell, she was amazing at it.

But he had no doubts about her in his mind, there was nothing to suggest that she was lying. Calum knew that his friends would never understand Shannel, because they had never had the chance to meet her. They did not know the life she had suffered from and the things that she had to do just to stay alive. He understood her and he should have known better than to let his friends persuade him.

Thinking about it now, she had never asked him to buy her things, he decided to do it all for her. She had never seduced him, after all, he was the one who took the first step to kiss her.

When they pulled away, it seemed like no words needed to be said. He knew he believed her and from that kiss she only hoped that he did, but neither of them said a word to each other.

In silence, he pulled her in for a hug, wrapping his arms around her lower waist as hers stayed around his neck and she rested her head on his shoulder, both of them swaying gently, consumed in one another.

It was growing infatuation.

He pulled out his phone and began texting, creating a quick group chat for his other band mates before sending them a message which was enough to verify everything.

*

*

*

It read 'I believe her.'

*

*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

:D I'M HAPPY ARE YOU HAPPY? COZ U SHOULD BE HAPPY AND THAT WAS A RHETORICAL QUESTION.

IF YOU THOUGHT THAT SHE MAY HAVE BEEN LYING THEN SHAME ON U OH DEAR AFTER EVERYTHING ...TSK TSK.

I MADE THAT LITTLE COLLAGE AT THE TOP COZ I LOVE SHALUM OR CALEL SO FUCKING MUCH !! THE CENTRE IS OBVZ THEM BOTH IN LOVE BUT AROUND THAT IS WHAT HER LIFE WAS LIKE WITHOUT HIM AND HOW IT HAS CHANGED. HE IS HER WONDERWALL :)

CAN I JUST SAY ILYSFM THANKS FOR OVER 76K READS OMFG I LOVE U THANK U THANK U

OOH AND IF U LIVE IN THE UK I WILL BE DOING A 5SOS CHRISTMAS GIVEAWAY SO MORE INFO WILL BE POSTED IN AN OFFICIAL BOOK WITH DETAILS AND SUCH <3

ILY THANKS AGAIN I GOT A WEEK OFF SO WEEEEW

-S