26

Shannel

~~~~~~~

The next morning when she woke, it was a little late, just passing eleven thirty am. She was confused as to how she ended up under the covers, but her confusion had soon disappeared when she saw a particular person emerging from the bathroom of the hotel room.

"Morning sleepy head." He said making her smile immediately.

"Hi." She breathed.

"Hi." He chuckled as she began rubbing the sleep from her eyes.

"Sleep well?" She nodded, removing the covers from her body and swinging her legs over the edge of the bed, pushing herself off it slowly.

Lazily, she walked past him, as he walked out of the bathroom, allowing her access.

"Get changed quick. I wanna take you somewhere today."

"Where?" She asked, her voice coming out a little raspy since waking from her slumber.

"Just somewhere, i kinda need to make up for yesterday." He said, gesturing to the pizza on the side table from the night before.

"Oh...um..it's okay..you don't-"

"I want too." He cut her off as she smiled at him, biting down on her lip.

"Now go, come on get ready we gotta go."

"Okay." She laughed and closed the bathroom door behind her, feeling her heart flutter with excitement.

*

*

*

"Your not afraid of heights are you?" Calum asked her as they sat in a black taxi cab on their way into the city of London.

"Um....i guess...a little...why?"

"Oh.."

"But it's okay i can just..overcome it?" She said as more of a question.

"You can overcome your fears that fast?" He rose an eyebrow and she shrugged, avoiding his gaze.

"That's not my worst fear..so...." She mumbled.

He wanted to ask her what her worst fear was but decided against it.

*

*

They arrived a little while later and Calum made sure that his snapback was covering his hair and shielding his face as much as it could, to ensure no fans would notice him, since he just wanted to spend a day getting to know Shannel a littler more.

They car had pulled up at the bottom of the bank and they took the stairs the rest of the way up. A gasp fell from Shannel's lips when she saw the sight in front of them.

"The London eye?"

"Oh so you know what this is but you didn't know who i was?" He asked jokingly as she bit back her smile.

"I figured you might wanna do something different, instead of being trapped in the hotel room all day." He smiled and she smiled back, before turning her head again to look at up at the beautiful attraction.

"You still wanna go on it?" She nodded furiously, causing him to laugh as a light giggle escaped her lips.

And so he led the way, over to the ticket counter where he paid for them before queuing up with several other people all waiting to experience one of the most beautiful sights of London.

They were in the line for at least forty five minutes before they actually got on, and not once did she complain or even say a word for that matter.

Thirteen of them were in a pod all together, a family of five consisting of two parents and three young children, Chinese tourists in a group of six and of course Shannel and Calum.

When it took off, she stayed in the dead centre, awkwardly smiling at Calum as he stood by one of the railings on the edge, raising an eyebrow at her.

"You gonna come over here and take a look or?"

"I can...see from here." She replied, pointing out towards the buildings.

"Come on." He said, placing a hand out for her to take. "I wont't let anything happen to you." He reassured her.

"Trust me."

Those words ran through her mind.

Trust, was a difficult thing for anyone to do, especially her.

But nevertheless, she found herself moving closer to him and placing her hand in his as he gently pulled her towards him and got her to stand in front of him, facing the transparent glass.

She gripped the railing tightly, taking deep breaths as the pod continued to move higher, her heart beat rapidly increasing with each passing minute.

She tried moving away, pushing herself backwards, but that only caused her body to collide with his as his hands were also placed on the railings beside hers, as if keeping her protectively locked in.

"It's alright." He told her, his breath fanning her neck, creating goosebumps on her skin.

"I don't wanna fall." She told him, panic evident in her voice. Her hands nervously began to shake and her mind wondered back to the drugs, remembering she had not taken any today and that maybe she should have, because maybe, just maybe that would have given her the courage to overcome her fear.

"You won't." He told her, slowly removing his hands and placing them gently on the sides of her waist immediately sharpening the goosebumps on her skin. The feeling of his hands on her sides sent shockwaves through her body, it felt intoxicating if anything and of course she knew all too well how that felt.

"I've got you." He whispered.

She turned her head to the side and looked up at him as his gaze met hers. Their lips within touching distance, yet....they did not meet.

Without even realising she had let go of the railings and grabbed ahold of Calum's hands, moving them to wrap around her waist, before placing her hands on top of his.

"Don't let go." She said, dropping her gaze to his lips every few seconds.

"I won't."

"Promise me?" She whispered.

"I promise." He replied.

*

*

*

*

Of course those words had a deeper meaning to Shannel, than Calum would have ever known.

Eventually, overtime...Calum did let go...

And that's what shattered her altogether.

*

~~~~~~~

I REALISED ITS BEEN OVER A WEEK IM SORRY MY MISTAKE.

I LIKE THIS ONE AND THERE'S MORE TO COME XD

THANKS AGAIN FOR READING ILY

-S