18

Shannel

~~~~~~

"SHANNEL!" she heard her name being called from behind her, and though she thought she was just hallucinating, when she turned around, he was running towards her.

She didn't know what to feel, what to think or even how to react. He was there and he was real.

He stopped in front of her, panting from all the running he did and just took in the sight of her, just staring at how frail she had become.

She was silent, wondering if he was disgusted by her, wondering what he was going to say and what he was going to do.

But before she could comprehend anything...he hugged her.

His arms wrapped around her body tight, as if he was unwilling to let her go. She kept her arms by her side, for she did not know what to do.

She was confused, if he cared so much then why did he ignore her cries of help when she went to his apartment yesterday? When she felt she needed him the most?

He couldn't deny the fact that the smell of her affected him, though he pulled away moments later. He was not that heartless to tell her what she already knew because of course words seemed to hurt more when they came from someone else.

He wanted to ask her so many things, tell her so many things, but from the look on her face he just did not feel it was the right time.

The expression on her face was blank, her mind was all over the place and she did not want herself to fall for him again. She was unwilling to make the same mistake twice, no matter how badly her mind was telling her that she needed him.

"What are you doing here?" she asked him, holding back her tears that were waiting to fall.

He looked at her confused, wondering what exactly he had done wrong.

"Wh- I. What do you mean i-"

"I mean what are you doing here? What's the point in caring now, when you didn't bother to care last night?" she snapped.

"Last night? i-"

"Or were you just too embarrased of me? Is that it, huh?. You're embarrased of me aren't you, God of course you are i mean look at me." By now the first few tears had started to fall.

He was still completelt confused.

"Last night? Shannel, wh- I don't understand-"

"Last night. Last night i went to your apartment and i knocked on your door, i knocked so many damn times and i was calling for you but you never came, you were ignoring me, i heard noises i know someone was in there." she cried, turning away from him and wiping her eyes as a few passers by noticed and wondered if a couple were arguing.

"Shannel, i swear i did not hear you. I mean are you sure it was even the right number?"

"Yes. God i'm not stupid." she yelled.

"Alright i'm sorry, i never said you were i just..." he sighed, running his fingers through his hair.

"I swear Shannel i was not there, do you really think i wouldn't have answered the door for you? I mean i've been looking for you every day since you left. Maybe i was out or in the bar or something, i would not have ignored you. I promise." he was pleading for her to believe him.

"Then who was in there?" she asked, sniffling as the cold breeze began to leave goosebumps on her skin.

"I don't know, maybe it was one of the other guys, or Ashton or something, Shannel i swear i would not have left you there." He emphasised the last few words, hoping that she would just listen to him.

As much as she did not want to. She believed him.

They stood in silence and he exhaled loudly looking at her as she looked down on the floor and wiped the remaining tears from her eyes.

He looked down and noticed a red substance that had stained her legs and furrowed his eyebrows, wondering if she injured herself.

"Are you hurt? Did you fall over or something?"

She looked up and followed his gaze onto her legs, and shook her head no, trying to pull down her dres as much as possible which failed as it never even moved an inch.

"Then what is it?" He furrowed his eyebrows.

She hung her head low in shame and he curved his head to meet her eyes that were refusing to meet his.

"Shannel?"

"I couldn't afford tampons." She shrugged.

"Oh God, Shannel." He whispered, shaking his head.

He couldn't believe the state she was in, she was nothing like the girl he had met back in the club and he could not help but feel so sorry for her, but of course he couldn't tell her that.

He slumped his shouders and took a deep breath in, releasing it sharply before looking around at their surroundings, trying to remember where the closest 'off licence' store or supermarket was.

"Come on." He said, untying the blue flannel around his waist and placing it carefully over her shoulders, rubbing her upper arms comfortingly before wrapping an arm around her waist as she looked up at him questioningly.

"Lets go get you cleaned up."

~~~~~~~~~

THIS IS ONE OF MY FAVE CHAPTERS I WROTE IT WEEKS AGO AND JUST FELL IN LOVE WITH IT.

I'VE SAID IT SO MANY TIMES, I'M JUST IN LOVE WITH THESE TWO.

I THINK THIS RELATES TO THE MOVIE 'PRETTY WOMAN' BUT I'VE NEVER SEEN IT, ONLY BRIEF PARTS AND MY MUM TOLD ME THE STORY SO YH. IT'S ABOUT A GUY THAT FALLS IN LOVE WITH A PROSTITUTE SO YH :) I THINK IT'LL BE A GOOD MOVIE.

DEDICATED TO @MARTYRDOM FOR YOURE COMMENTS.

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT GUYS, WE STILL GOT A LITTLE FURTHER TO GO :)

I'M ALSO THINKING OF MAKING THIS BOOK INTO A SERIES WITH 5SOS. BUT I'M STILL DEBATING. IF SO...THEN THIS IS THE FIRST BOOK.

-S